Coffee, White, Please!

K_Pugh

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Ah well I was going to try some milk splashes into coffee but my 'studio' strobes flash duration is too long to freeze the drops, I couldn't be bothered swapping over and using my SB-600 so I settled for a shot of pouring the milk. May as well post the result since it used up about 2 hours of my time :lol: ..

Atleast I know now my strobes ain't good for this type of thing. Something else on the shopping list.

coffee-milk.jpg

I spent all my time getting a good composition, getting good light on the cup and getting a nice background (cookied strobe) - should have tried a drop or two first.

Hi K,
i spend a lot of time in drop-photograpics, but i will not show the results here, for you to do some training, have a look at this link: Traumflieger.de :: Thema anzeigen - endlich erzähle ich... meine bearbeitung .... Its in german, but the pictures are self explanatory. If you got that stage, the milk in Coffee will show a drop as you like it. ;) If you have questions, i can translate the marks in the pictures. Hope, this will help you a little.

greetings peter

Yeah I've successfully done water drops/splashes before using other strobes. It's just that the strobes I used this time didn't do the trick (cheap things, flash duration is too long I thing). Thanks for the link/info though.

Here's one of the sort of blurred ones..

coffee-milk2.jpg

Wasn't going to post it.

1/250th
ISO250
F22
flash - full power w/softbox (tried at 1/4 power but still not great plus way too much noise)

(tried my Sb-600 again, just went down to 1/128th to be certain and it was fine.. meh, buy decent strobes in the future i think)

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back