Coffee

akazoly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I shoot this picture in light tent. I think the background is not perfect, but I want to isolate the subject on pure white with pen tool.

cafeapv8.jpg

I need your opinion about subject colors, is natural ? What exactly I need to improve.

I appreciate any suggestion, I want to learn more doing this..

Thanks!

IMO, this is a nice clean product shot that could use a little more light on the front of the cup.

(using a logo is a little excessive. the image isn't at reproduction resolution and the logo can be easily retouched out.)
coffeeux0.jpg

IMO the coffee in the cup is a bit too light. Can we hold the creamer?

Is possible to improve the lighting, for example to reduce the much light at top. I have the RAW file.

Is the focus the cup lettering or the coffee itself? As it is now, my focus is the lettering on the cup, and then I think, "Ah, there must be coffee in the cup;" then I looked up and saw the coffee. If that's what you're going for, it works for me.

If you want the focus to be on the coffee, then you need more contrast between the liquid and the interior color of the cup. You also might want to bring the angle to be slightly higher, looking into the cup more.

My image has the focus on letters. But anyway is possible to correct my light issue in raw ?

I agree with The Traveler.

How about chucking some beans into the picture - otherwise it looks like any other murky liquid in a mug.

IMO the coffee in the cup is a bit too light. Can we hold the creamer?

Exactly my thoughts! How'bout some dark roast coffee alone in the cup?

I like it, but I would have tried to shoot it hot with the steam, the coffee looks cold and it doesnt make me want to buy it and since your trying to 'sell' the product it might not work too well. Technically it looks great.

Joining all that was said above -

I don't like the way the light on the cup 'cuts' it horizontally into two - darker right under the 'Cappuccino'.

Also, "lifting it in the air" - placing it on something (smaller in diameter) - would improve the shadow and seperate it better from the background.

Cut the creamer, fill it up more and use a cup without words.

First thing I thought when I saw this was "that liquid is either not coffee (hot cocoa) or he must like some coffee with his creamer". I'm glad to see others with the same enthusiasm for coffee as I have to notice such a thing.

Most reactions

Back