coffee

Well you had me at the title ;)

I like a lot about this, textures, colours, subject, yum ;)
The only little nit I have is I want the rest of the C in Coffee if at all possible, I think a little more room left will complete the image with the whole word, otherwise I really like it :)

Great one, Ken..one of your best. Love the detail in the image, peeling paint, shadows details and for me, offee spells coffee (sorry pixelrabbit, but where does one stop because if he includes the whole word, won't we also wonder about the other word...and we get to go on forever in speculation). For me, the implication of the word is strong enough to carry the rest of the imagery.

Great one, Ken..one of your best. Love the detail in the image, peeling paint, shadows details and for me, offee spells coffee (sorry pixelrabbit, but where does one stop because if he includes the whole word, won't we also wonder about the other word...and we get to go on forever in speculation). For me, the implication of the word is strong enough to carry the rest of the imagery.

It is totally recognizable to me as is also, if there is a good reason (something out of frame left that breaks the consistency) then I'm 100% onboard with Ken's choice. If it can be included I think the word becomes a complete intentional element, as it is it is more background, which like I said is cool... If....

Thanks everyone! Yeah, Judi, I knew you'd look at this, possibly after being inspired to go grab another cup.

As for the word "coffee" I like to chop up the words on signs so they become almost abstract patterns. I think here I should have cut off more of it, and I may do that. It's like cutting off just a little bit of a tree or a person: viewers end up wanting to see the whole thing and wonder whether you did it intentionally, whereas if you cut something off by quite a bit, viewers accept that you really meant it.

the bottomless cup of coffee!
:lmao: That's so good I may steal it as a title...

That must have been some strong coffee! It ate right through the bottom of the cup! :) I really like all the textures in this and I think the missing letters help to add a sense of age to the sign.

Thanks everyone! Yeah, Judi, I knew you'd look at this, possibly after being inspired to go grab another cup.

As for the word "coffee" I like to chop up the words on signs so they become almost abstract patterns. I think here I should have cut off more of it, and I may do that. It's like cutting off just a little bit of a tree or a person: viewers end up wanting to see the whole thing and wonder whether you did it intentionally, whereas if you cut something off by quite a bit, viewers accept that you really meant it.

the bottomless cup of coffee!

^Yep, that would be MY vote, to actually cut off even more of the word "coffee." Somehow, as it is, I feel like there isn't quite ENOUGH missing from the word to make it "feel" intentional. I'd cut most, if not all, of the "o" out as well.

Other than that little nitpick, I love everything about this. I especially love the subject, and I *really* love that I didn't see it until I got home from work...so that now, I can go have a cup of coffee. :D

Thanks Sharon. I may even crop out part of the first "f" depending on where that cuts other things. Hope you enjoyed the coffee.

I return with coffee in hand ;)
More cut off would definitely work too! Just not through the C as it is now, as you said it doesn't look deliberate enough IMHO ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back