Coke sign Series #1

cosmonaut

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.gregmccary.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A local artist, Robert Redden, famous around my area for his pencil drawings, was hired by the Coke Company to paint Coke signs on stores and buildings many years ago. Most of these signs are still around. I guess no one wants to paint over them. I am thinking of doing a series of these signs. What do you think of my first one? I tried to give it a , pencil drawing vintage look.....
Cosmo

cokestoreBWs2.jpg

I like it. The bike leaning over the curb makes the pic more than the coke sign does. For me, that is.
What light shines on that sign, I wonder?
I'm not sure I overly care for the pencil drawing filter, but if that is the only means to bring out some contrasts, then be it :D.

great shot, and I think you project idea is great. I would like to see more of it when you get going on it.

Thanks for the comments. The light is a lamp post just to the right I cropped out. The contrast is from the conversion to B&W. I have since redone this with less "noise". But I kind of wanted it to have a pencil drawn feel of Mr. Redden's work. So I think the noise works here. The bike just happened to be there, lucky me. I also feel it kind of adds to the picture along with the fire hydrant...
Cosmo

i took a photo of a similar coke-painted sign that i saw in an old mining town near Tombstone a few years back... i just found it interesting. I would love to see more from your series as well. I'd like to see some in color, too. ;) i like how the light is shining down on your subject here.... :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back