Cokin Filters on Ebay

AUZambo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm going to get the holder and adapting rings from this guy, but wanted to be sure these filters were good enough quality to buy.

First, can you tell what the difference is between these two grad NDs?
Grad ND #1
Grad ND #2

Also, is this ND set worth it?
ND set of 3

Thanks a ton for your help!

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Doesn't look like a lot of difference between the 2 grads - infact it looks like exactly the same photo... Grad #2 doesn't actually say what density it is (ie how many stops)...

Bear in mind that the set of three are full ND filters, and not grads.

That's what I was thinking. I was just wondering why there was a small price difference between the two.

Thanks for pointing it out, but I'm aware that the set is not a grad ND set. I've gotten to where I really like to do prolonged exposures, and sometimes there's just too much light to accomplish that!

Thanks for the input!

I'm going to get the holder and adapting rings from this guy, but wanted to be sure these filters were good enough quality to buy.

First, can you tell what the difference is between these two grad NDs?
Grad ND #1
Grad ND #2

Also, is this ND set worth it?
ND set of 3

Thanks a ton for your help!

The grad ND #1 does not provide sufficient difference from most originals.
The grad ND#2 for about 2 stops is much more usable in shooting landscapes to keep detail in the foreground while maintaining good sky colour.

Straight ND filters are used for lowering the shutter speed on waterfalls for the vail effect or for using fill flash outside without overexposure. Again the #2 would be most commonly used.

skieur

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back