cold tranquility

captain-spanky

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.higg.co.uk
021_800.jpg

Lytham St Annes, nr Blackpool (UK) one cold winter sunday morning.
you like? :)
i shoulda got lower to the ground but it was cold and wet :lol:

depending wether you wanted to focus on the ground or the horizon with the uknown and yet undistinguishable structure there are some things that could have been done to really enhance the picture.

To start with the thirds rule could have really helped to place a better focal point in the shot.

i kinda wanted the sand in the foreground to be the focus with the curve of the seal line sweeping past. i kinda also liked the shape the pier made where it joined the land...
any help/advice is good help/advice... what would you have done? :)

In this case I would agree that the ground is a very interesting subject and would have moved the horizon up in the picture so it was 1/3 from the top. This could have excentuated the sand and still kept the other features as well. You can try cropping the pic, but it would have been much better with this in mind when it was taken.

Don't be afraid to experiment and take lots of shots... and I mean lots of them.

hey captain spanky,

I can see what you are trying to go for here, i agree with bogleric that try to take the shots from lots of angles. The trampled sand looks like it has potential for some nice textury shots.

Think a polarising filter could help too, i am in the market to get one myself.
Is this taken in the Mighty Yorkshireland?

Most reactions

Back