Cold

lostprophet

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So there is this book I want titled 'Cold' by a Dutch photographer called Thijs Heslenfeld, sample of book here http://www.thijsheslenfeld.com/download/pdf/www.cold-the-book.com.pdf

Anyway I don't really want to order it online as every book I've ever ordered online has arrived damaged. So after walking round every book shop in town I thought I'd check out Waterstones website to see if I could order it from there. I did a search for 'cold' and there were 2948 matches, so thinking it might be a bit on the expensive side I clicked on sort by price - highest first

O M G

this was at the top of the list http://www.waterstones.com/waterstonesweb/displayProductDetails.do?sku=3515828

I could buy a 21mp dSLR for same price!!!

But to some people what is in those documents is of far more use - and is far more important - than a camera. It all depends on your point of view ;)

And things are only worth what people are prepared to pay for them.
I have serious problems with someone who would pay £200,000 for a used car - you could buy a house for that.

That just shows that property prices depend on where you live... 300,000 CAD wouldn't buy you zilch in the property market up here in Richmond, BC. Heck, apartments cost 500,000!

$300,00.00 US will buy a very nice home, VERY nice!

That all depends on where you live. Around here it would get you a decent house, not a very nice one. Not to mention over on the coast or down south, where prices are still crazy!

So who wants to chip in to get the book? I'll put $1.50 in! ;)

In my town you could probably get a really nice house for $150,000.

My parent's house isn't bad, and I believe it was $60,000 when they got it.

They also bought the house next door to them for $14,000. It was in sorta poor shape, and they remodeled it totally inside and out....not sure what it's worth now, but even totally remodelled I'm sure it won't get even CLOSE to $100,000. And it's very nice now!!!

So there is this book I want titled 'Cold' by a Dutch photographer called Thijs Heslenfeld, sample of book here http://www.thijsheslenfeld.com/download/pdf/www.cold-the-book.com.pdf

Anyway I don't really want to order it online as every book I've ever ordered online has arrived damaged. So after walking round every book shop in town I thought I'd check out Waterstones website to see if I could order it from there---

Did you order the book, I did and it came yesterday in good shape all the way from Hilversum, the only issue was that it was not rapped so there are pressure marks on the cover from the cardboard shipping box, this Thijs guy definitely got some nice shots, but I sure some folks from the TPF could do just as well a job.

That just shows that property prices depend on where you live... 300,000 CAD wouldn't buy you zilch in the property market up here in Richmond, BC. Heck, apartments cost 500,000!

similar over here ...

Most reactions

Back