Colin Creevey's pick: the Argus C-3 Match-Matic

invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.federicobuchbinder.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
New blog post: federico buchbinder / shadows and light | Colin Creevey's pick: the Argus C-3 Match-Matic

If anybody finds anything that needs to be corrected, please let me know :)

p562172194-4.jpg

Nice shot, and I enjoyed reading your blog too - looking forward to seeing more.

You said you have 30 vintage cameras? Sweet!

Nice shot, and I enjoyed reading your blog too - looking forward to seeing more.

You said you have 30 vintage cameras? Sweet!
Thank you :) Yes, I have about 30 cameras, maybe more. I think I'm going to start selling some of them, though.

Collecting them is easy to do, eh? Before you know it you have a room full of them :)

We have just under 20 in the house right now, not quite as many as you but we're getting up there too.

That looks like a pretty cool unit. A little dirty (or moldy, can't really tell), but it looks like it could clean up nicely! I see that it's not your camera, though. It's nice that you got the opportunity to shoot it, and nerd out with some Harry Potter knowledge. ;)

Collecting them is easy to do, eh? Before you know it you have a room full of them :)
That's exactly how it was! eBay, Kijiji and flea markets may look like friends, but they really aren't :)

We have just under 20 in the house right now, not quite as many as you but we're getting up there too.
Just say 'no' and keep it under control!

That looks like a pretty cool unit. A little dirty (or moldy, can't really tell), but it looks like it could clean up nicely! I see that it's not your camera, though.
The ad included photos of a camera that looked impeccable, including the selenium meter. When I met the guy (local sale), the camera seemed a little different, more dirty and worn out, but I wanted it so bad that I still took it home. Once back here, I went back to the ad and realized that the photos were of a different unit. Did some quick searching with TinEye and found the photos on eBay (a seller hundreds of miles away). So I quickly took these shots (no time for cleaning) and then returned the camera. The guy kicked and screamed a little bit, but in the end he realized that this is a small market where everybody knows everybody and calmed down. He said that he never had the selenium meter that the ad mentioned, but never apologized for wasting my time :)

It's nice that you got the opportunity to shoot it, and nerd out with some Harry Potter knowledge. ;)
I've no clue about anything Harry Potter, but one of the collectors' sites that I visited while researching mentioned this nugget. I should've remembered Gwyneth Paltrow and Sky Captain without Wikipedia's help, though.

Nice writeup and a fun read.

The first antique camera I ever bought to put up on a shelf just because I thought it looked cool was a C3. It was at a flea market for $5. That was in 1978, and it started something... I couldn't stop, and now I'm surrounded by dozens of antique cameras! LOL!

Last Christmas, my daughter gave me another C3, with the flash attachment, so now I've got two. Neither are the Match-Matic model though.

My addiction also started with a C3 Matchmatic. I have a unit in real nice shape with flash, bulbs, Meter, Case, and 3 lenses. It takes some pretty nice pictures!

Derrel has a nice C-3 ... in pristine condition ... he offered it as a trade for my Bessa 66 ... but I declined.

Just say 'no' and keep it under control!

Not easy to do ... though we are cleaning and keeping the ones we want to shoot with ... just placed 3 on eBay to relieve the GAS.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqkLZ5orp5M[/video]

The wifey gave the ok for decorations around the house of vintage cameras...lol she likes them too.

Derrel has a nice C-3 ... in pristine condition ... he offered it as a trade for my Bessa 66 ... but I declined.
How could you not? Unless it's in bad shape, your camera is worth at least three C-3!

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqkLZ5orp5M[/video]
That was VERY cool. Thanks for sharing the link.

Thanks all for the feedback!

invisible said:
Thank you :) Yes, I have about 30 cameras, maybe more. I think I'm going to start selling some of them, though.

Have any Argus C3's with the extra lenses?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back