Collaboration project

MelissaJayne

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm looking to collaborate with a fellow lover of film! A project that would involve swapping of negatives and experimental shooting and printing for a final set of images that really stand out from the crowd!

If anyone is interested in getting involved email me at [email protected]

Thanks,
Melissa

Um...no. Even if this isn't a scam, no one gets my negatives.

Not a scam ..a university project

Thank you for taking the time to be so rude, I wouldn't want your negatives either way

I'm not saying that it's a scam but I don't see the benefit of what you are asking for. You are basically going to get credit for someone else's photography work. (At the very least college credit hours).

I wouldn't give someone my negatives either, and I don't see the purpose of swapping them. I could see for a class where for example an instructor might bring in a set of negatives to use as a demo to teach students how to make prints but even then it would probably be done in a controlled setting with select negatives. And in my experience an instructor would have you go out and shoot your own film for the class.

When you're doing your first posts on a message board other members know nothing about you to gauge if this is legit; to me it seemed almost like the intent might be for commercial or retail use (although why having other people's negatives would be of any benefit for that I don't know). It didn't come across sounding like the purpose of this was for a school project - some explanation would have helped.

Thank you for taking the time to be so rude, I wouldn't want your negatives either way

It was nice of you to thank her for taking the time to be that rude. Most people really can't appreciate that it does take up some pretty valuable time to tell someone to step off. Plus the electricity, the bandwidth, yes - there is a lot involved in the process. It's nice that you can appreciate that.

Seriously though, I don't think you'll find many people here who would be terribly interested in your proposal. When you stop and think about what your really asking for here, your basically asking an artist to part with a part of their soul in exchange for, well an total unknown. Most of the folks that shoot film take it pretty seriously, and the idea of sending away the one completely irreplaceable part of that process, the negative, is completely abhorrent to them.

I'm not certain if this was a project you envisioned or if this was something some professor dreamed up - but whatever the project is I think you can pretty much assure yourself that it is most likely dead in the water. You might be able to convince some schmo like me who shoots digital on an amatuer basis to send you a copy of his raw files.. but to convince a pro to give up their negatives? Not a snowballs chance in the center of the sun there I'm afraid.

So I will encourage you to reconsider this project, whatever it happens to be, as I don't see it having much chance of succeeding - and other than that I will wish you well.

One more thought, if it is a university project, why don't you team up with one of your classmates to do this? At this point you would both have a vested interest in this and both be motivated to do a great job for your grades.

Never understood why people just sign up, hardly introduce themselves, and ask weird things of people such as this. Not to mention all the people that sign up on here selling 7,000$ items and expect people to trust them.

Most reactions

Back