Collapsible Backgrounds...

PhotoNewbie2011

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am looking to purchase some collapsible backgrounds. I don't have a studio and travel to different homes to take pictures. Any recommendations on a brand or what colors to start with? Thank you!

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I've got the 6'x7' Washington/Dakota found here: Amazon.com: Lastolite LL LB67WD 6 x 7 Feet Collapsible Reversible Background with Train (Washington/Dakota): Camera & Photo

You can see my review for it there.

You'll need at least a couple of light stands or a backdrop stand with overhead bar to hold it up, sand bags to hold the light or backdrop stands securely in place, plenty of clamps and bunjees to hold the collapsible backdrop to the light stands so that it'll stand up, and I also use Gaffer's tape for the sweep on the floor to keep the wrinkles stretched out and to prevent it from becoming a tripping hazard.

All in all, I like it, but to be perfectly honest, it's not really that much easier to set up or break down (nor cheaper) than just using a regular backdrop stand and muslins in your favorite colors/patterns.

Kundalini has the same one I do. Ask him what he thinks - he might have a better opinion/experience.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I've got an impact background kit that I use occasionally. It isn't a great product or extremely study, but it was cheap and gets the job done without any major problems. It holds a cloth background fine, but can have some trouble with more than 8 foot wide paper.

I use one occasionally. White/black with several small clamps to attach other backdrops to it.

To be honest I use it more for a large reflector/shade than anything.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back