Collectible camera question of the week.

santino said:
btw. I could get the Pentax 110 auto for 8 euros, dunno if it's worth that (because the film's very rare). what you guys think?

I'd go for it, at least for the collectible value of it.

BTW, since I posted the question about the smallest camera, I could post one about the largest camera. However... I'll just present it:

Largest_Camera

New question:

Does anyone know what is the world's most expensive (sold) camera?

Hmm... No takers?

OK, here it is:

world1.jpg

The Phantom camera, designed by Noel Pemberton Billing in 1946. This guy also designed the famous Compass which was built in Switzerland by Le Coultre.

Its selling price? Only £146,750 !!! Sold at a Christie's auction in January 2001.

Edwin Land invented the Polaroid? That explains why those old Polaroids were called LAND cameras.

Our next question should be easy for the Nikon lover:

When did Nikon produce the very first film camera? (year)

Tadaaa... We have another winner! Congrats to hobbes28 for the correct answer. :)

One more question:

AGFA is a well known name in the camera/film manufacturing field. They made cameras in all sizes, from MF to the 110s. They had a particular 35mm camera which was a TLR with eye level pentaprism. Does anyone know its name? It's not very common.

Ahhh....something like the Ikonaflex or similar name. We have some old photography magazines from the forties and there are ads for them in it. I'll have to dig for that one.

It was the AGFA Optima Reflex:

img1010851411.jpeg

Made between 1963 and 1966, a very unusual design for a 35mm camera.They are uncommon.

Most reactions

Back