College graduation photo. C&C

FITBMX

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this for my sister, and I need a full C&C. On the photo, and the editing. There are something I like and don't like about this photo, but I will keep that to myself for right now. :)

Tobey grad #1.jpg

Overall, not a bad image at all. Since you've asked for detailed C&C, here goes:

I'm not fond of the crop. I would suggest cropping the bottom just below the bust line and perhaps losing a bit of the top, unless it's going in a desk frame. As well, I'd like to see a bit more of her left arm/shoulder. The cap is not quite prominent as it should be; a bit more light on it would not have gone amiss and the specularity on her cheeks is a bit high. I would also drop the red channel in her face just a hair.

Overall, not a bad image at all. Since you've asked for detailed C&C, here goes:

I'm not fond of the crop. I would suggest cropping the bottom just below the bust line and perhaps losing a bit of the top, unless it's going in a desk frame. As well, I'd like to see a bit more of her left arm/shoulder. The cap is not quite prominent as it should be; a bit more light on it would not have gone amiss and the specularity on her cheeks is a bit high. I would also drop the red channel in her face just a hair.

Thanks a bunch! My biggest problem while shooting was, that even with my studio lights I had to shoot 800 iso, Which anything much higher than that starts to get noisy. I also got nearly all of the shots from the shoot too soft, I'm not sure how I messed it up. But I am just going to do a reshoot later.
Great suggestion on the crop, I had thought about it. But wasn't sure, so thanks!
I also did some dodging and burning on the hair, and some blending on her face. Does it look ok?

Here is a re edit.

Tobey grad #1.jpg

Most reactions

Back