College/opinions and thoughts ?

*AJAX*

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone :< )

I need to go to college this year but theres only one college near me, having taken a look around the place when they had a open day and having talked to some of the persons there I found that I dont really like the place (at all), is it a good idea to go to a college you dont like even if there are no other colleges to call options ?

Thanks in advance :thumbup:

Yea. i would look around for a college you like...... Lots of people (including myself) move away for a college course, for one that you really wanna do. Plus loads of other people do the same, so your all in the same boat. It is a daunting prospect, but one which pays off in the end. However i did the first few years at my local college because i didn't have much money and the grant/loan system wasn't very good back then (probably the same now!) But i did my final two years in a different city and loved it. The thing that annoyed me most about my local was that they didn't have enough facilities/equipment to go around, so i was often appealing to the management for more resources, this can hinder you progress. So i would check your local has everything you need and is good enough for you in that respect...i wouldn't worry if it just has a shabby decor or anything, that won't effect you. Also see if you can find someone who has done a course there to try and find out what the teaching standard is like as well as the facilities. Hope this helps

Thanks very much to the both of you :, ) :thumbup:

What put me of the place was meeting some of the tutors (they didn't seem too keen to see none school leavers at their open day :scratch: ) ... Looks like I had better try and find another place before September.

Many thanks for the advice:thumbup:

Definately find a placec you think you'll like, don't just settle for whats convenient. I go to school on the complete opposite side of the country from where I live. You have to find a place that works for you.

Thanks Omelett man :thumbup:

Think I might have found somewhere, anyone have any experience of the art college in Farnham ?

Most reactions

Back