College Photography Club - T-shirts concepts!

austriker

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dlindahlphotos.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Howdy,

So last year my friend and I came up with a sweet club idea for our school, a photo club! Sadly it has since passed away from lack of participation but the dream still lives on! I have quickly designed some shirts that have 'photo jokes' on them..

Thus I was coming here for some feedback and to see if you guys like them! The club was called, STOP32 Photo club (borrowed the name of f/64, early group of elite photographers, although we said f/32 also meant a wide depth of field- we were seeking to incorporate a large spectrum of photographers skills levels so everyone could improve and get better)...

I want to try and print these soon. I know they are not too fancy but I think simple is better (plus I am not a graphic designer, not have the time to become one..)

chooseweapon.jpg

whatsFstop.jpg

smallerbetter.jpg

ruleOFthirds.jpg

Any other rocking 'photo'-phrase ideas??

Thanks!!

Some other rough concepts I haven't worked out yet: -Whats your fstop? (my favorite), Focus is everything (with photo of blurred 'babe' or thing), Camera speak (with examples), Whats your religion? (not sure how to appropriately tie this into camera), Got ISO? (followed by 'mine is 3200' or 'I do.'), stop32; kind of a big deal, The Revolution is coming, My lens is bigger, Hows that point and shoot?, cross process that! or Cross process please, Weapons: Levels, curves, saturation, Weapons: Lens, filters, camera body, D300+80-200 f/2.8=perfection (or =well equipped), Decisive moment, Have you set your white balance?, Can you speak photo?, Careful: I speak photo, Ansel Adams is my hero, We shoot things, Anything you can do I can shoot, I view the world through a lens,"I follow the shotgun approach" with a graphic of a wide angle lens. Or, "I only shoot headshots" with a camera on it. Or maybe just "sniper" and a 300mm or more lens on it.

"What's your f/stop?" is a good one. Subtle. Understated. Sophisticated. Debonair. Suave.

being a gun fanatic I love all of them!
I like the bottom three the best.
And I also like the head shot one

What's with the Russian Style font? Not easy to read, and not relevant to photography. It lacks readability, which is key.

Last edited:
Compare readability between this, and your design. I just threw this together in a few minutes to demonstrate how quickly font choice effects the reader. Big bold header to pull the reader in, the good parts not too far after it.

fz6cP.jpg

Last edited:
I like the what's your F/stop idea. I also like the blurry focus idea although I have seen that one done before. You could also do one that had the same idea as the blurry focus with the word "Bokeh" instead. Actually the smaller is bigger is funny to me as well.

Following the "Got milk?" era you could also do one for the stobist/flash guys along the lines of "Got Balance?" I threw a quick render together of how that might look. See below. Good luck!

balance.jpg

The word FOCUS across the shirt in an out of focus way. Sort of fuzzy if you get my meaning.

yes, and maybe a liking of Mr Miagi from Karate Kid..... Stay FOCUS!!!

I'd buy it.

p!nK

Why did DaVinci paint Mona Lisa ?
Because he didn’t have a camera to shoot her.

Stop32
Withworth University
Photography club​

I like the smaller is bigger thing...
For no particular reason...just like it...:er:

I'm thinking it would work better if the phrase (such as "What's your f/stop?") was big on the back of the shirt and the actual information (Photography Club) was on the front.

Great, thats more like it, photographers unite!! Thanks everyone, I especially like those new suggestions.

I hope to get designing this christmas break and maybe get a print or two turned out! Thanks for those concerns raised about legibility and type-face ("o hey tyler").. I understand your confusion over my font choice, but I am sticking with it. .Our original theme was 'the revolution is coming' and was styled in a psuedo-soviet style.. Thus the font choice, so thanks for the advice, but I love the font 'kremlin' and I honestly dont care much if others cant read them . these shirts are my for my sake =). I posted here for phrase revision and additional ideas, which has been most helpful- thanks all!

Most reactions

Back