College Soccer: University of Virginia Vs Duke

BoostedHoo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Men's soccer held last night. the game ended in double over time with Duke scoring at the beginning of second over time. UVA pounded Duke all night long and they just got hit when they were least expecting it... :grumpy:
All shot with D90 with 70-200mm 2.8 at ISO 3200... very unhappy about the noise but was unavoidable...
Critiques are welcom as always :D
1 avoided fight
3913291970_fda2ee31d4_b.jpg

3912518223_fd5cec277f_b.jpg

3912505393_8640e85a59_b.jpg

4 After the loss...
3913293400_e0b4faed6c_b.jpg

Last edited:
Doesn't look like you white balanced correctly...when you're shooting at night, it's very important that you pay attention...These seem very warm...the grass doesn't look Green, it looks do be more yellow-ish...

Since I can never remember what the white balancing modes are called, you basically want to just cycle through all of them until you find an image with colors that seem somewhat correct...You also want to shoot RAW, so you have more data to work with when you get them on to the computer...

thanks for your comment. I did shoot raw and messed with the WB. i went by the whites in the uniforms for the WB and those seem correct. I don't know what to do about the grass though. If i balance the green too then the entire pic have bluish tint to them...
-----------edit----------
found a value that fits well. i will reupload later :D

Last edited:
what was your shutterspeed in these? I just want to have a feel for the lighting conditions. I have been to a college soccer game before and the lighting condition suck!!!

what was your shutterspeed in these? I just want to have a feel for the lighting conditions. I have been to a college soccer game before and the lighting condition suck!!!

i was shooting at least 500. often 640. the autofocus on d90 was letting me down though. next time I'm gonna need to bust out the D300 :sexywink:

Nice, and I can recommend Noiseware Professional ( either standalone or as a plug in for Photoshop) for getting rid of noise :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back