color and b/w film coming out blank

hotrocks

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
hotrocks22.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
so i got a new canon t70 of ebay..it works well..the shutter opens and closes and everything looks fine. however, i shot a roll of b/w film and target developed it and said it was blank.....then i shot a color roll and walmart developed it and said it was blank...ive shot film on other cameras and know how to shoot....and also, on the color roll it was 24 exp, but my camera continued to let me shoot after 24 (i got frustrated and worried so i rewound at 37 exp)

i didnt see the b/w roll (the clerk was mad at me for wasting her time) but i got the color roll...the text and numbering is clear (reading wise) and black. the film is a transparent orange color..this leads me to believe that it was never exposed

somethings up. my thoughts are its either a light leak in the camera, or the film isnt loading properly, (though the camera says it is)

probably the second..is there a way to know?
please help

I have NO idea... but I personally would have smacked the clerk for getting bitchy.

Me too

It the camera winding the film after taking the shot? Maybe the film is not advancing.

What location are you processing these at? I want to send in a blank roll too and ruin that clerks day, lol. Kidding.

If your camera has a crank for rewinding your film you can use this to tes if you have loaded your film properly. Load your film and fire off a couple of shots after you do this turn the rewind knob slightly if there is resistance or you cannot turn the knob then your film is loaded. If that is the case another way to test things is to set your camera to B or another VERY slow shutter speed and trip the shutter with the back open (no film of course and if the camera will let you trip the shutter you should be able to see if the shutter is opening and closing properly.

yeah its auto rewind, and i tried the second thing already....the shutter opens and closes perfectly..im pretty convinced its either a film loading problem or an advancing problem, (pretty much the same thing)

update: i advanced the film with the back open and saw the rotating pole thingy spin..so my main guess now is that when I put the film in there, its not loading it because im putting it in wrong, or not in all the way....AND my camera thinks it has rolled it correctly

Can you get hold of an out of date film and keep the back open to check to see how it's advancing?

Did you shoot the film on auto?

Could it be that the meter is broken and you are exposing everything at 1/4000, f22?

You can get some idea of this by firing the camera in low light (set aperture wide open if in a mode where you set it manually) and observing the degree to which the lens stops down and how fast the shutter moves - you can't make an accurate assesment but if you set a low ISO and check in a dim room you should easily see if the shutter opens for a reasonable amount of time and the lens opens - i.e. a sort of basic sanity check.

It's not really going to be a light leak as this would have rendered the film 'black' in places and probably obliterated the pre-exposed numbering.

The fact that your frame counter went past "24" on a 24-exp roll pretty
much clinches that the film didn't advance properly.

Either improper loading or mechanical issue. If you've never used that camera
before I'd say most likely the former.

If you don't have a manual for camera there is one here.

Most reactions

Back