Color Correction at Lab

rp1600

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I posted this photo in Portrait section and it was pointed out that there's a green color cast to it which I now obviously see.

My two question are, when I submit this portrait to a pro lab like Miller's or H&H and choose to have the lab perform color corrections, will they automatically correct for the green cast? Achieving neutral skin tones has been my biggest issue , and since this is the first time i'm submitting DIGITAL to a lab I'm not exactly sure all what "lab color corrected" entails.

Secondly, is there a "general" rule to achieve neutral skin tones when working in CS and/or Lightroom. Seems either my eyes don't pick up the tint or I'm just missing something completely.

Thanks.

MY PHOTOS ARE OK TO EDIT.
IMG_7863.jpg

Well if you dont tell my lab they might or might not.

If you tell them to just color correct, they will correct it to what they think it should be.

Would probably be best to get it the way YOU want it then tell them not to correct. At least in my case that works. But I don't see this as objectionable either.

I see just a hint of green in the shadow detail which should be easy to fix. There may be some other issues with the model but that's not what you asked.

Okay but it probably isn't worth a lot.

You can clone the glare off her nose and lips easily.. you can clone out a couple of the blimishes.... The crop is tight but it works so that isnt an issue for me.

you might want to run the smudge tool over those pores on the bridge of her nose. Lots of little tough up things can change an great snapshot into a good portrait. Now please don't consider this great advice it's just one man's opinion.

Keep in mind I DO NOT us photoshop so these are very simple edits done with simple programs. The photoshoppe guys can do better im sure.

4xwxpck.jpg

Thanks for the input and touchups !! :) My daughter has been hounding me already to clean up blemishes and pores, and these were shot only yesterday.

This is a great portrait - (and a good-lucking child) but there are a couple of things that you should consider.
1) the whites of the eyes (particularly her right) have a chalky white color in patches.
2) there is a strong bright area on her right ear and below that may be distracting
3) the hair on her upper left has this 'clumpy' look as if it were poorly masked.
4) the left side of her face is a little dark; this may be much more noticeable in a print than on a luminous screen.

The set below has been cropped to the same aspect ratio, taking out some of the problems but may be too tight for your liking. (they are left to right, original to lightest so you can see what I mean).

4xwxpckbbzu2.jpg

Thanks
I like the corrections, other than the "straw" color her hair took on. It's actually quite a bit darker, like the original. The rest is good though. Thanks.

Most reactions

Back