Color Developer Formulae

JamesD

Between darkrooms
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was Googling around looking for what goes into Pyro (don't ask why, you probably don't want to know...), when I came across this page. It includes formulae for C-41 and RA-4 process chemicals.

I found the per-roll and per-print cost breakdowns very interesting.

On the other hand, dealing with raw chemicals can be tricky, demanding, and a bit hazardous.

http://www.bonavolta.ch/hobby/en/photo/c41_ra4_chemicals.htm

So, which pyro you gonna be using?

I don't find mixing C41 developer cost effective, I buy a 5 gal package for around $25, fixer and stabiliser are even less expensive. The bleach on the other hand, even with aeration and regen, is still the big stickler with me, though trebla has a less expensive version I'll be ordering soon to try.

erie

Mixing homebrew is something you do for fun. I used to buy mine.

Here's a trick you might like to try. Buy some XP2 and shoot it at 100 ISO. Develop it in E6 instead of C41 and you'll get a nice b/w slide.

I build cameras for fun, mixing chems isn't my thing, other than cyano and gum work, that is.

erie

Here's a trick you might like to try. Buy some XP2 and shoot it at 100 ISO. Develop it in E6 instead of C41 and you'll get a nice b/w slide.

This is so obvious that I can't believe I didn't think of it. I've been trying to find a simple method for making BW transparencies. Thanks for pointing this out!

I build cameras for fun, mixing chems isn't my thing, other than cyano and gum work, that is.

erie

Too bad you weren't here when Charlie was here. He's a camera butcher, always epoxying bits and pieces together, and always good for a philosophical or nostalgic conversation (or both). I know I miss him around here.

Oh, I tend to scratch build, here's the latest (stalled for the time being, due to lack of disposable income at the moment) project, a 20x24 field camera:
DSCF7108-1.jpg

that little bitty camera to the left is my 8x10 Calumet C1.

erie

Ah of the Chamlee sort ;)

I'm a fan of Prescysol

Paula is such a wonderful photographer, you can really feel her photography.

I have not tried prescysol yet, I heard it is similiar to pyrocat, which I have used and was not happy with my test results. I have tried variations on the ABC with some phenidone which I did like.

Paula is such a wonderful photographer, you can really feel her photography.

I have not tried prescysol yet, I heard it is similiar to pyrocat, which I have used and was not happy with my test results. I have tried variations on the ABC with some phenidone which I did like.

There's someone on APUG who shoots Delta and develops in presycol. They also split-tone their prints, which helps. It's really really amazing. The shots look nothing like I've ever seen produced on Delta. Let me see if I can go dig him up.

Most reactions

Back