Color homework

Puscas

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
So, this weeks homework for my photography class is all about color. The assignement was to 'take several pics in which color is providing the contrast (...) in other words, the viewer's eye should be pulled towards color as opposed to shapes and objects'.

Of course, my question is: do you think I did my homework...? ;). Is color the strongest in these (unedited) pictures?
Thanks for looking and commenting!

promenade010.jpg

promenade009.jpg

promenade008.jpg

promenade007.jpg

promenade006.jpg

promenade005.jpg

pascal

I think that 3 is your best with that idea. Just a suggestion but if the color is the subject you could decrease the dof to have less of the wall in it in focus.
The last one is also good because it really sticks out to me.
Nice shots

I sure do... The first thing that my eye drawn to is the color even in the blurred image... I say... GREAT JOB!!!!!

Thank you all! The DOF-tip is a good one!
Well, I'm off to photography class now. Let's see what they think.

pascal

I like 3 & 4 the color really stands out.

I like 4 a lot, very neat angle. :D

Yes, I am with most here and would say that you hit the nail on the head with your photo 3 and 4!

And I felt the same effect as BoblyBill felt when he looked at the very blurred one: whoosh my eyes were on the colour.

OK, my replies is too late and you are off to class with your photos now, anyway, but you might still be interested in what I think about your pics here? Even after class?

Let us know what your teacher said.
Ah, and to really go to a photography class and LEARN about it ... *yearn*
Though, coming to think of it: if I had to choose between a photography class and being taught how to sing classical music properly, I would choose the latter ... ;)

Remember.... since our eyes focus differently on colors of different wavelengths, colors from the WARMER end of the spectrum seem to PROJECT while colors from the COOLER end of the spectrum RECEDE. So.... reds, yellows and the like will pop when the surrounding environment is comprised of cool colors.

I hope this helps.

Pete

It's nice to see that posts don't just disappear. People really take their time to look at the pics and comment on them. Thanks for that!
@LaFoto: the teacher was pleased with my homework, but most of my pictures are merely about colorful objects grabbing the eye. And you can do more with color in a picture than just that. So I'll keep working on my color skills. And Pete, that's were your advice comes in handy. Thanks!

pascal

Most reactions

New Topics

Back