Color is getting changed when saved?

Sarah23

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Something happened that is making the color not save correctly when I am done with it in photoshop. It looks fine when I go to save it, but when I then open it up in windows picture viewer, a lot of the vibrance is gone and its kinda dull/gray.

Why is it doing this? I saw a post about someone else having this problem a few weeks ago, but I cannot find it now. I dont know if its something in photoshop, or something in windows picture viewer.

ok...I think it was the color space. It was set on RGB instead of sRGB.

Yup thatll do it.

It could be that or your computer the color is fine when I print, view it in DPP or Photoshop. But when I view it in windows It has a really bad color cast. Something is up with windows color in my computer. But since a rarely look at them with windows because of this it really doesnt effect me.

It also depends on what file size/type you are editing in and what you are saving it as.

Well, it looked gray in photobucket and flickr too...so I dont know. i will get some printed now and see if it is ok.

The images were raw, converted to jpeg, saved, and reopened (all in CS3) then resaved and then I noticed the color difference when viewing it in windows. I changed to sRGB and they are now the same. We will see when I get some prints, I guess!

Yep colour management. They would look fine on photobucket and flickr too if you had a colour managed browser.

But good to see you noticed it early. Always convert any files you intend to publish on the web to sRGB first.

Most reactions

Back