color me somewhat dense

oldhippy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Wanting to invest in a good ND filter.. Is there a preferable number value..ie 4 or 8 nd.. Use would be to modify light somewhat.
For landscape, portrait, and wildlife.. I just purchased a 67mm to52mm ring. Would rather have one good filter, than anything to cheap.
I also am conserned with deminishing the quality of shots. If you are against filter use, please sound in..Advice is appreciated, and used.
Thanks ...Ed

oldhippy said:
Wanting to invest in a good ND filter.. Is there a preferable number value..ie 4 or 8 nd.. Use would be to modify light somewhat.
For landscape, portrait, and wildlife.. I just purchased a 67mm to52mm ring. Would rather have one good filter, than anything to cheap.
I also am conserned with deminishing the quality of shots. If you are against filter use, please sound in..Advice is appreciated, and used.
Thanks ...Ed

I would go for the 10-stopper, as I like the look of long exposure photographs. It gives a very ethereal aesthetic to images.

I, too, am a fan of long exposures, and think either the 8 or 10 would be the way to go.

Large filters with step down rings are the way to go.... buy 2 good filters and you are set.
Which 2 and price bracket..ie Amazon will have a Hoya list price 96 for 37.. Dont't know what to trust as price to quality.Thanks for the replies to all you guys..Ed

Buy by name, NOT price - Tiffen and Hoya in their multi-coated lines are decent, consumer-grade filters. If you can fit it into your budget, Heliopan, Lee, Singh-Ray and B+W are several orders of magnitude better optically.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back