Color profile changed

ohsodit

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi Guys
I use PSP Pro X, but I downloaded a pic of mine from Facebook and put it into PSP to get size info but the it demanded to change the color profile (CalibratedMonitorProfile.icc) talking about embedded something or other. When I tried to edit a normal pic it was screwed, just lines of color. I made an adjustment to the color management and at least got the main pic to display ok but all the preview thumbnails for all functions including color boxes were just black so that I couldn't preview anything (the functions worked but the preview didn't). I tried reinstallation of Pro X but no luck so it has obviously changed something on my computer.
Any ideas how to get back to normal running as it is virtually unusable without previews.

Chris

Colour profiles are a very complex problem. If we have any hope of helping you, then you will need to give us the specific error you get and not just a "something or other".

Your error could be anything from a missing profile in the image, the wrong profile in the image, a setting in the software telling it to expect a different profile, etc. Please be specific or even post a screenshot of the error.

When you reinstalled, did you just reinstall over the old copy or did you actually remove the software and delete the folder. Reinstallations will generally not write over the configuration file, which may be what is corrupted.

Many programs will create a new config file on startup if one is missing you can try locating and deleting it (look for a file in the program directory that is called config or some variation)

Otherwise, uninstalll the program and delete any files left in the program folder and then reinstall. this may fix it.

Most reactions

Back