Color slide film

:D Fuji Velvia 50 or 100 i found is the best colour saturation i have come across for landscapes, i will not use any thing else now. Fuji provia is better on skin tones and i find the 200 and 400 still have little grain but thats just in my eyes , everyone is different , but i can say that these films are my baby. It's what keeps me from the digital revolution.

Depends on what you want to do. Velvia 50 & Kodak 100VS have been good to me for the super saturated outdoor stuff. I've been staying away from Velvia 100 as it comes up with some weird color interpretations every now and then. Though I hear they're changing it here soon. AGFA RSX-II acts more like Velvia 50 in a 100ISO offering but not as extreme but I haven't had a chance to see what it does to skin tones.

All around fine grain and good saturation (greens and blues) while retaining good skin tones I've been having good luck with Kodak 100G. If I need an all around inexpensive film I prefer Kodak Elite 100 or Fuji Sensia. Decent colors and saturation all around while retaining good skin tones. They lack in shadow detail and grain compared to the higher end stuff but are cheap when you're shooting a lot of frames. Fuji Provia is another good all around film that falls in quality and price right in the middle of everything I've listed so far.

Fuji 100F and AGFA CT Precisa are the only slide films topping my list of films I stay away from right now.

So far ive only used blacks color slide film, which is really fuji. Ive only done assignments with it so far but the color looks really good. :0).

I like Kodak Elite Chrome, but thats just me.

Oh yeah i forgot to say ISO 100 on the Kodak too

I agree with Malachite. I'm on the Fuji team, mainly Velvia 100 or 50, and also Provia 100. I like Kodak Ektachrome VS too. Have not been overly smitten with Agfa slide film, colors not as vivid as Fuji or Kodak.

Kara, not sure if you know this, but slide film has a smaller range for error, I cant think of the proper name for this. It means if you over expose or underexpose, you loose more detail, wheras with negative film you can make up for it better. So you may want ot bracket your pictures by a stop.

And if you do know that, nevermind then. :0)

GerryDavid said:
Kara, not sure if you know this, but slide film has a smaller range for error, I cant think of the proper name for this. It means if you over expose or underexpose, you loose more detail, wheras with negative film you can make up for it better. So you may want ot bracket your pictures by a stop.

And if you do know that, nevermind then. :0)

Ditto, standard print film can be adjusted went making prints, but slide can not.

Most reactions

Back