color/tone difference between Organizer and Editor?

rubbertree

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've noticed that after I have processed an image (PSE6), the color and tone is different when viewing it in Organizer vs. Editor. Why don't they look the same??

they may different color spaces, you need to check in PSE6 what your using,
and then the software program, you might also check the camera setting for color space.

they need to match to correct your issue

thank you.
Camera is set to sRGB, PSE6 is set to sRGB.
you say, "and the software program". meaning RSE6?

sorry i don't know what RSE6 is

typo. That should be PSE6.

ah , yes, that would be the editing software.

i am not a software expert, but i do know that different software can make the same image look different. hopefully, someone with a lot more knowledge will chime in and give you a better answer.

What do you mean by organizer? Are you viewing the photo on Windows picture viewer? Don't use it. The complaints are numerous. From what I heard it doesn't support color management.

Are you working with RAW? Basically what the camera does from the first shot, is save a raw image into the card. Then it takes that image and turns it into many jpeg files in different sizes and embeds them into the raw file. So when you have it in your computer, the computer will access the preview first, then generate the raw image. You might notice the really pixelated image at the start, then it gets less pixeled then the colour changes. That is the jpeg preview showing, then the RAW. So what you are actually viewing is a very, very compressed preview, then the actual file.

Probably didn't explain too well.

Here is a good explanation video:
http://tv.adobe.com/#vi+f1475v1247

Yes, I'm shooting in raw and yes, you explained that well. okay, makes sense to me now. Thank you!

What do you mean by organizer? Are you viewing the photo on Windows picture viewer? Don't use it. The complaints are numerous. From what I heard it doesn't support color management.

The Organizer within Photoshop Elements. It's where you can see all of your pictures that you've either loaded that day, or "click all" and you can see every picture you've ever loaded. Then when you click on one to work on it, it takes you to the Editor.

Not Windows picture viewer.

Most reactions

Back