Colorado River Sunset... C&C please

*RiverRat*

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is a first for me.... Been lurking around here for awhile. C&C is welcome, please share your thoughts. Thanks!

Picture279.jpg

C&C per req:

I think this is a nice, but not overly exciting sunset. You've done a good job of controlling the exposure and ensuring that there are almost no blown highlights, which can be tough to do in a sunsrise/set captures. I also like the colours on the water, BUT unfortunately the minimal cloud cover kept this from being a truly spectacular image. I think you might have captured a stronger photo had you composed more tightly on the band of cloud just above the hilltops image right.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

This is a first for me.... Been lurking around here for awhile. C&C is welcome, please share your thoughts. Thanks!

I actually really like this. Good job. :thumbup:

I would like to say though that I am very partial to sunsets exposed in this way.

For me its better to ensure the sky is properly exposed, even at the expense of the land being way underexposed.

So basically not everyone will like this here, because some may feel its underexposed slightly. I do not though.

Hope this helps.

Neil

I really like this, has all the colours of a fire.

I would personally crop off the hills to the right, but aside from that I think it's a great shot. I'd be very proud!

Thank you everyone for the insight and comments-- I really do appreciate it.:mrgreen: Anyone else?

I agree pretty much exactly with what tirediron said. :)

I love sunset pictures, no matter how cliche. This is really pretty.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back