Colorado Springs - Garden of the Gods

JustBen

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.justbenphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I finally arrived in Colorado and between getting stuff done in our new house and finding our way around here, we also found some time to visit garden of the gods.
Here are some of the first shots, but i am still waiting for that awesome sunset with clouds :1247:

If someone has some nice spots i would be glad to hear about them. As soon as i find some i will share mine as well :apple:

JustBenPhotography_20160617-2.jpg

JustBenPhotography_20160615.jpg

Nice set. Personally I'm not a fan of the fence, that is just my taste though. But I love the moon in the shot! :)

I would suggest the saturation of both posted shots is a bit on the heavy side.
I would also say #1 had insufficient depth-of-field.

I would add some exposure added to the foreground of #2, and subtract some exposure from the over exposed sunlit spires.

Composition wise I would say #1 is quite a bit better than #2, and #2 also lacks insufficient background clarity due to the depth of field also being to heavily weighted to the foreground.

I would suggest the saturation of both posted shots is a bit on the heavy side.
I would also say #1 had insufficient depth-of-field.

I would add some exposure added to the foreground of #2, and subtract some exposure from the over exposed sunlit spires.

Composition wise I would say #1 is quite a bit better than #2, and #2 also lacks insufficient background clarity due to the depth of field also being to heavily weighted to the foreground.

Thank you for your feedback!

I like my pictures saturated, but that is just personal preference right now. That changes from time to time.
I agree that number two needs a better depth of field. First time using the hyper focal distance app and the scale on my lens. Wasn't too happy with the result.
Guess i have to read again how to hit the right spot.

I purposely didn't add more exposure to the foreground on number two to make sure the focus of the viewer is on the sunlit rocks and the moon. But i agree that i should reduce the exposure, especially of the leftmost rock some more.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back