Colorgenics

Calliope

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I used this test as a tool back in my working days and was amazed at how accurate it appeared to be. The individuals I gave this test to ALL said it was completely accurate. I retook the test again last night and couldn't believe how right it was!! So, I thought I'd share it with you guys and see what you thought: http://www.paulgoldinresearch.com/cg/

Actual tests done show an 87% accuracy. The concept is based on colors and how it expresses "mood" and "personality". You will see eight blocks of color. All you do is pick the colors in the order of what you like the most to the least when you look at it. Then it will show you a profile of your physical well-being and underlying character traits...

Have fun! And please let me know if it is accurate in your eyes or not. Thanks!

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] You are longing for some love and affection at this time - not that you have been deprived of tender loving care - but there are times when everyone needs to try something new or to go 'somewhere' else to perhaps experience that little extra 'understanding'.

Now there are many things in life that you require as essential to your well-being but, try as you may, something always seems to be getting in your way. A word of advice - 'keep trying' and you may be pleasantly surprised to see just how matters turn out.

You lack confidence and that is a great pity because deep down you are indeed a warm caring person. This lack of confidence is making you wary of being drawn into any open discussion or conflict and so you feel as if you should let matters lie and leave well alone. But there may be a pleasant surprise in store for you. You are beginning to grow and very soon - sooner than you believed possible - this warm loving new you will be available for all to see and to appreciate.

You are pretending that the situation around you doesn't matter, but the effort of trying to conceal your emotions and anxieties is resulting in untold stress. The existing situation is disagreeable. You feel unwanted and lonely and you would really like to associate with someone whose ideals are as high as your own. You want to be above the standard of mediocrity and this need to be needed and that need to need has almost become an obsession. You are trying to magnify the need into a compelling urge. You would really like to tell the world how great you are but no, you are holding back because you feel that your peers may treat you with contempt. This is a great pity because you have in fact a unique quality of character, but the continual restraint that you impose on yourself makes you suppress this need for others and you pretend you don't really care. You treat those who criticise you with contempt. However, to be honest, beneath this assumption of indifference you really long for the approval and esteem of others.

You are greatly impressed by individuality and have interest in people who have outstanding qualities. You try to imitate those people that you admire and their characteristics, hoping that you will be able to display similar qualities in your own personality.

Hmmm.... palmistry nonsense.

Rob
[/FONT]

hmmm... so the first one I assume is inaccurate. Figures! Anyway, anyone else think it's accurate. I'm not posting my profile b/c it's soooo accurate! Too much information about me to post!

:shock: Wow, very accurate. I think Aubrey will vouch for it being completely true!

You are feeling exhausted, worn out, drained. You feel that far too much is being asked of you but you still want to overcome these difficulties and establish yourself despite the effect such an effort seems to have on you. You are a proud person, assertive most of the time, but at this particular moment you are acting as if you have become resigned to the situation. What you need is some tender loving care - a gentle pat on the head (or maybe a 'kick-up-the backside') and then you'll be raring to go.

You are a very warm and emotional individual but unfortunately in the past too many people have taken advantage of this sensitive trait. You need aesthetic surroundings, or an equally sensitive and understanding partner with whom to share a warm understanding.

You are trying to break away from the mundane existence that you have been experiencing of late. You have many high hopes and ideals but you are concerned whether circumstances will allow you to realise these ambitions. You want to spread your wings - to broaden your fields of activities - but you are concerned that your dreams are just that - 'dreams' which are not realistic. It concerns you that you are not thinking clearly at this time - what you need is to get away from it all, to give you time to think. A short vacation could well restore your confidence.

You are being unduly influenced by the situation that is all around you. You do not like the feeling of loneliness and whatever it is that seems to separate you from others. You know that life can be wonderful and you are anxious to experience life in all its aspects, to live it to the full. You therefore resent any restriction or limitations that are being imposed on you and you insist on going it alone.

You are trying to build up your own position and you resist all external influences. You insist that you are your own person and you will not tolerate any outside interference. Decisive and proud, you are true managerial material.

It looks like the kind of twaddle that NLP advocates and particularly second-rate US stress councillors / hypnosis bullies come out with. What it does is play on about four conceptual vagueries which are likely to appeal to all people who are slightly weak minded:

#1 The need or desire to be loved or wanted. (As if any potential customer is happy!)
#2 The future will be better. (or "you can attain that goal")
#3 It is your fault that things are this way.
#4 All the above is definitely true, but you have the power to change this. Courses start at only $999, so sign up now!

I'm not doubting it is accurate in some cases, or that for example a horoscope occasionally hits the mark. This happens to be one of my areas of personal interest and study, especially the misuse of NLP, hypnotism and influence. Colour is definitely linked directly to emotional states. Imagery is very important in influence as well.

If you want to play one of my versions of this, you can PM me for details - I don't have a flash website to do it with though!! :) Oh, and it'll be free... and I won't reprogram you either!!! ;)

Rob

fairly good, some of the sentances applied to me so there could be something in it.... although the lady in my office did it and she wasn't so impressed... interesting tho.... i do believe colours are related to mood.... i.e red in a dining room helps the appetite.... soft green is relaxing etc

Rob said:
It looks like the kind of twaddle that NLP advocates and particularly second-rate US stress councillors / hypnosis bullies come out with. What it does is play on about four conceptual vagueries which are likely to appeal to all people who are slightly weak minded:

Rob

:er: Thanks

Calliope said:
:er: Thanks

I didn't mean that as an insult to you. Sorry if you took it that way, honestly wasn't my intention. The dangers of typing without thinking.

I meant that that is generally the target audience of the majority of paid events, especially in the UK. It is completely my belief that people should get professional help for personal issues, rather than blowing all their money on iffy courses. Perhaps this is a fundamental UK/US difference - in the UK we expect everything to be free and are extremely cynical of alternative techniques.

Again, wasn't directed at you, more that the site smacks of product sales rather than helping people. Hey, it might work for people, in which case good luck to them. I suspect it is really expensive pseudo-science.

Rob

Oh, btw, I'm not offended Rob by what you said - everyone is entitled to their own opinions.... don't want anyone to think I'm bothered by where this thread it going. :mrgreen:

Haha - I guess we were both typing at the same time. Nope, no offense taken. Just playing with you! :mrgreen:

Rob said:
I didn't mean that as an insult to you. Sorry if you took it that way, honestly wasn't my intention. The dangers of typing without thinking.

I meant that that is generally the target audience of the majority of paid events, especially in the UK. It is completely my belief that people should get professional help for personal issues, rather than blowing all their money on iffy courses. Perhaps this is a fundamental UK/US difference - in the UK we expect everything to be free and are extremely cynical of alternative techniques.

Again, wasn't directed at you, more that the site smacks of product sales rather than helping people. Hey, it might work for people, in which case good luck to them. I suspect it is really expensive pseudo-science.

Rob

Yeah, this is a free and easy test I could use in my counselling and classes... a convenient way to get individuals to open up to me. I was just amazed at how many people felt it was accurate.

You don't need anxiety and problems. All you really seek is a conflict free environment which can offer peace and mental security. You don't like the idea of being alone and, whatever the reason, at this time of your life you feel as if you are being 'left out'. What you really need is perhaps some 'tender loving care'.
I don't mind being alone and don't think I feel left out. I do however just want the conflict free life.

You are working extremely hard trying to improve your image. You need for those people in positions that matter to recognise your potential and to acknowledge you.

Yes, I am trying to negotiate a new job

You are trying to break away from the mundane existence that you have been experiencing of late. You have many high hopes and ideals but you are concerned whether circumstances will allow you to realise these ambitions. You want to spread your wings - to broaden your fields of activities - but you are concerned that your dreams are just that - 'dreams' which are not realistic. It concerns you that you are not thinking clearly at this time - what you need is to get away from it all, to give you time to think. A short vacation could well restore your confidence.

My goals (dreams) are obtainable but several things need to align first. A vacation would be nice.

You are being unduly influenced by the situation that is all around you. You do not like the feeling of loneliness and whatever it is that seems to separate you from others. You know that life can be wonderful and you are anxious to experience life in all its aspects, to live it to the full. You therefore resent any restriction or limitations that are being imposed on you and you insist on going it alone.

Having a family changes things and I would be living a different life without my family. Fortunately I enjoy every minute - But there is some alone time I miss.

You wish to be left in peace... no more conflict and no more differences of opinion. In fact you just don't want to be involved in arguments of any shape or form. All you want is for 'them' to get on with it - and to leave you alone.

My family endured a ton of conflict. I am hoping that is all in the past now.

No, I don't know that one... I'd like to though if you wouldn't mind sharing!

It's a bit simple and predicatable and won't work on anyone who's given to disrupting psychoanalysis. It also won't work on people who are awkward and difficult... but... it works very well on kids and friends.

You ask the person to close their eyes, and do some basic relaxation and disassociation - it's handy to keep things in the present, so imagining a favourite food (rather than favourite childhood memory) and breathing regular deep breaths are both good techniques.

After you're ready and they're demonstrating responsiveness, you get them to visualise a house. You tell them that it is their house, and you ask them to describe it. Get as much imagery out as possible regarding the size and style of the house, its condition of repair, age etc. Once you've built a nice picture of this houses' exterior you get them to walk through the front door and show you around the house.

Get them to point out any features within the house, what they look like, basically repeating the same technique as with the outside. Get them to repeat and be sure of any details you might peg as interesting.

Then you're going to walk with them out into the garden. Out in the garden is a tree, which is the main feature of the garden. Find out how close the tree is to the house, what condition it is in, what kind of tree. Visuals all the way.

We then walk past the tree and come across some water. Do not specify anything about the water - get them to tell you what it is.

We are then done and we walk away and come back to the here and now. Note the salient details and go through them, asking for any amendments. Make a very good note of any amendments.

So.... do you know what it all means?? It really surprises me that one - I have found it very effective with people who are relaxed with you and up for telling a story.

Rob

Most reactions

Back