Colors Are Off

bk314

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
For some reason, my photos always look yellow and I don't know why. Skin tones are terrible and overall color is off. I use natural lighting, I shoot in ambient light, and I always use RAW. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Can anyone help me with this? I've attached an image for reference. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1501032623095.jpg
    FB_IMG_1501032623095.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 172
WB on the camera only effect jpg output not raw. The WB is n the metadata of the raw though. If you are using Light Room you can apply your cameras WB by using your cameras profile. Otherwise you adjust yourself.

I woukld lower the WHite Balance color temperature 200 to 400 degrees Kelvin. In common parlance, "cool off" the WB setting you're typically using.

For some reason, my photos always look yellow and I don't know why. Skin tones are terrible and overall color is off. I use natural lighting, I shoot in ambient light, and I always use RAW. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Can anyone help me with this? I've attached an image for reference. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Probably you need to fix white balance in the camera. Since you have raw files available you can also fix it in the post process.

When you process a raw file how do you set the White Balance?

Joe

Looks a little more magenta than yellow, but noticing the sky I wondered about the weather, if it was maybe hazy, and if exposure and/or white balance was off. You should be able to make some adjustments and it'll be fine. You've got a fun picture of him that says summertime, his expression makes me smile.

Most reactions

Back