Columbus metro shots.

banderson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took these in downtown Columbus Ohio a few weeks back. Any thoughts?

6900964934_600c889b6a_c.jpg

7047057631_bec9b4da23_c.jpg

I originally posted these in the landscapes/cityscapes section, but it was suggested that I move them here :D lol

You've got some halos around the buildings but aside from that, I like them. You can fix that easily enough with your HDR editor. Also, the distortion is pretty bad. You're angling the lens up to get the shot so it causes that weird leaning appearance. When I take shots like this, I get more of the scene than I actual want so when I fix the distortion, I don't lose parts of the scenes that I definitely want. The picture is cropped as part of the process of correcting the distortion (in CS5 anyway).

I was actually in this very spot once. I was in Columbus for business. I tried to get this same shot, but the sky was blah. Nice city.

Danny

Thanks for the kind words! I'll have to go in and reedit them a bit.

I love living in the Columbus area! I've been all over and there too many places I'd rather be.

#1 - is pretty contrasty. The sky looks weird to me. Those dark clouds in the front look out of place against those clouds in the back of them.. Its is an interesting sky though but needs some work. The halo as mentioned is an issue but easily fixed. Not to bad though. It almost does not look like a real photo and that is something that I happen to like about it!

#2 - processing is also not to bad here. There is some blown out areas in the clouds that needs to me fixed. That guy on the bottom could be cloned out. Personally I don't mind the distortion but since that left building really shows it more than the others you should fix that. There is a small amount of halo around the buildings once again easy fix.

Keep shooting and posting..

#1 - is pretty contrasty. The sky looks weird to me. Those dark clouds in the front look out of place against those clouds in the back of them.. Its is an interesting sky though but needs some work. The halo as mentioned is an issue but easily fixed. Not to bad though. It almost does not look like a real photo and that is something that I happen to like about it!

#2 - processing is also not to bad here. There is some blown out areas in the clouds that needs to me fixed. That guy on the bottom could be cloned out. Personally I don't mind the distortion but since that left building really shows it more than the others you should fix that. There is a small amount of halo around the buildings once again easy fix.

Keep shooting and posting..

I will definitely be reprocessing them, Thanks! I meant to last night, but I was too busy. Weekend it on the way, though:)

Looks a little heavy on the contrast and saturation. The bricks in the first pictures look way too red. But those are some nice shots and great HDR.

Looks a little heavy on the contrast and saturation. The bricks in the first pictures look way too red. But those are some nice shots and great HDR.

I appreciate the critique and the compliment! I think I may start from scratch on them with all of these things in mind. :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back