Comic con

The cosplayers are doing for the photographers, of course they want attention, that is the reason they are there. The photographers have the privilege to photograph them, not to abuse it. Both photographers and cosplayers come to the convention to have fun and to avoid any problem. When I go to cosplay convention, I don't want any trouble that spoil my fun time. I rather go have fun and not having trouble.

okay? so what's the problem? A girl just got raped a Keith Urban concert of all places--is it okay because the guy wasn't a photographer?

Put a bunch of horny guys with zero social skills into a room of extroverted woman flauting themselves dressed as their fantasies and people are bound to cross the line; it should not be limited to "photographers" nor comic con.

Last edited:
My sister in-law attends the SDCC every year just to check out the cosplay action. I keep saying I'm going to go but something always pops up, this year I supposed to return to Colorado but ended up sick the whole week. Maybe next year.

Well if Limr is going next year, I'll be there - no matter where it is or what it costs. I would never miss the opportunity of watching a bunch of guys dressed up in Jedi outfits getting beaten to death by an enraged professor/paralegal, are you kidding me?

Lol

Haha, that would be one fun gtg for sure.

what rights would those be? the expectation of privacy in a huge room full of people who want attention at an event with no restrictions on camera use?

they don't need permission; the photographers have rights.

The cosplayers are doing for the photographers, of course they want attention, that is the reason they are there. The photographers have the privilege to photograph them, not to abuse it. Both photographers and cosplayers come to the convention to have fun and to avoid any problem. When I go to cosplay convention, I don't want any trouble that spoil my fun time. I rather go have fun and not having trouble.

So really what we need here is a fight to the death in a pit of some sort.

I better shut up before a heated argument occurs. I'm good at that.

Last edited:
Seems like there's a need for ComicCon to get a handle on this for future events with what apparently happened at this one (and it's always a shame when incidents occur that are the fault of probably a small number of people).

Apparently the event and the venue both allow cameras, so there would seem to be an expectation that participants may be photographed. Of course the courteous thing to do if someone asked not to have their picture taken would be to not take their photo and just move on. But attendees at this just like at a ball game etc. would need to know that they might be photographed so maybe that info. needs to be publicized or displayed more prominently.

With what was alleged to have occurred at this event certainly there's a need to look at their policies and security measures to insure that attendees are not grabbed or groped or assaulted or attacked in any way, whether or not it involves someone trying to use a camera in an inappropriate way - it doesn't matter if attendees are wearing costumes, it would be the same type thing if a woman was assaulted at the beach or at a gym or anywhere that women would be wearing swimsuits or bikinis etc. Seems like they'll need to make sure guidelines are readily available to participants and look at security measures to insure safety.

Well don't have time for a heated argument unfortunately. I've got to dig a pit, scare up some barbed wire, get a couple of bowls full of broken glass and some kind of resin, then I'll need to get some ace bandages together, send out invitations.. that and just tons of other details that need to be attended to to put this thing together, frankly, I'm swamped.

Lol

Well don't have time for a heated argument unfortunately. I've got to dig a pit, scare up some barbed wire, get a couple of bowls full of broken glass and some kind of resin, then I'll need to get some ace bandages together, send out invitations.. that and just tons of other details that need to be attended to to put this thing together, frankly, I'm swamped.

Lol

Oh, you were joking, dud! Ha, ha ,ha, my apology.

Lol

I'm down for a fight. Here's the rules. Dress up as your favorite character. Organic weapons are authorized. We'll go to a nice open lot…..

Wait, never mind. That sounds too much like LARP. forget it.

Lol

Joking? Heck no I wasn't joking. Look, I've already got the pit dug, I've got the catering all arranged and I've gotten RSVP's from Bruiser, Tank, Crazy Mike and One eyed Pete plus a dozen or so others. Not to mention all the time I've spent making cozies for prison shanks to give away as door prizes. Heck no, this thing is on brother!

Lol

One last thing I want to add. Cosplayers and photographers get along very well. The cosplayers always hang around the convention or waiting outside for photographers to shoot them. Many photographers give them business cards, so they can send them prints and have another photo shoots at different time and location. They are networking each other just to get photo shoots and prints.

I'm down for a fight. Here's the rules. Dress up as your favorite character. Organic weapons are authorized. We'll go to a nice open lot…..

Heeey Cosplayers are LARPERS!!

Heeey Cosplayers are LARPERS!!

lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back