Coming soon

Discussion in 'Commercial/Product photography' started by SMS Photography, Mar 18, 2018.

1. SMS Photography

SMS Photography TPF Noob!

This collage shows just a few from my recent collection. Do they have any practical use in advertising or any other field?

I'm keen to hear. inCollage_20180318_182445282.jpg

Sent from my [device_name] using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

2. Christie Photo

Christie Photo No longer a newbie, moving up!

Well... I have these thoughts:

Why were these images made? Just curious.

As for advertising, product photos are typically commissioned for a specific use. I can't imagine shooting these sorts of things, speculating the use might be of value to someone, would result in a sale of the image.

What are you thinking?

-Pete

3. FotosbyMike

FotosbyMike No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    In the current state I am not sure a company would pay for this work for a few reasons:
    1. At first I don't know what you are advertising, necklaces, charms, water thing
    2. Lighting needs work very flat, not really that soft, white background is not white, not constant
    3. DOF is off on some, IE last clock image the focus needs to be a product you are advertising
    4. If these are necklaces I feel they need to be hanging so you can show off the charm and chain
    5. What is the importance of the water filled thing?
    6. As for clocks the arms normally point to 2 and 10 but most importantly you never want the arms to cover the logo for the watch/clock
    7. I would try to avoid mixing white and black surfaces in some of the photos is makes a not so good horizontal line through the product
    8. Please keep shooting, asking questions, post your be hide the scenes(BTS) photos of setup

4. AnnieBowen122

AnnieBowen122 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    The collaction is very beautiful but the pictures do not fully reveal it. It should be clear at once what is it , what size it is and how it should be worn.
    1. Try to make a homogeneous background, better light.
    2. Show objects on the face if it is jewelery, hire a model or ask friends to pose.
    3. Make close-ups and distant photos.
    4. Work with light, the lighting should be smooth and uniform.

5. AnnieBowen122

AnnieBowen122 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

Also, try to focus on the subject itself, make the background blurred, this will focus the client's vision only on the stuff.
    And try to make some sort of general style, a common color scheme, so the photos will look more attractive.
    I adviced you to gaze at the work of other people, how they form out and pay attention to details. And reed about basic things in commercial foto or just photo, for example here Photography tips for beginners - how to start photo making career?
    Hope, it`ll be usefull for you, wish you success !:)