mysteryscribe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
retrophotoservice.2ya.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
THE GREAT INDEPENDANCE DAY SHOOTOUT.
There are no prizes and it ain't even much of a contest. So far there are two participants. Paul has challenged me to a head to head shoot out with film. The rules are simple no more post processing than would be done at a one hour lab. A lab will adjust for density of your negative and so do we. Clone out the dust, if you want, one hour lab would correct for white balance, if you scan your own negatives. Images pretty much as they come from the camera. NO burning or Dodging, no contrast adjustments, no layers unless you can eat them. Don't even open it in photoshop unless you use it for cloning the dust and set the gamma. No contrast adjustment, No cropping except for full frame 8x10 image crop. Shooters must use film, sorry this is a fair and balanced shootout. Best of the roll for the contest, others to probably go in the really raw thread. If you are a film shooter and want to create an image especially for this shoot out join us on this thread. Images must be created between now and the 4th of july and must be posted ON JULY 4th ONLY.

Ya on your honor no moderator to check up on you.

BE ON THE LOOK OUR FOR MORE SHOOTOUTS COMING TO A TOWN NEAR YOU

Okay, so are you guys going to work off some kind of theme? That may help us judge the best photograph for it's photographic merit rather than our favorite subject.

The only film here is on my dishes. :hail:

crap. My FE is broken and I don't have the money to fix it.

I hope the hell there is no theme I just got back from the shoot of mine. Course I could make the theme what I just shot rofl... No theme just judge each on it's own merit. Any old camera will probably beat me. A point and shoot from your closet would do I expect. Any one hour lab can scan them for a couple of bucks. Im scanning my own though.

I'm in real trouble....the dust on the F3 is thicker than I expected.

And Charlie has already shot a load of film........can I get a handicap.

Oh, no....it's manual focusing....good thing I have a motor drive in it.

Let see, film.....hummmmm.

There is little use in trying to meet the "guidelines" to this shoot-out when you live in Germany and 4 July is just a normal Wednesday.................... :rolleyes:

Else I might have taken you up on the challenge. :sexywink:

Don't you have a July 4th in Germany......hoilday or not????

There's no discrimination among nations......

And for Charlie.....I have an electric can opener, so the little can doesn't fit right.

The day will come... yes.
But it will be ALL unspectacular.
No fire works.
No flags out.
No nothing.
Just a day.
A Wednesday.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back