Coming up with a name for my photography services / business...

epp_b

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.eppbphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I don't know if I'm looking to start a full-fledged business (let alone if I even can), but I'm starting to get people asking me for my website, asking to buy photos as stock, etc.

"eppb.myphotos.cc" (or what I rather plainly call "eppb.photos") is what I currently have, but it's... lame. I literally host this website on a computer in my bedroom with dynamic DNS :lol: I need something fresh and presentable that I can make a real domain name out of ([something].com)

What did you choose to name your photography website / biz / services and why?

I wanted a name that would have meaning and reflect my "business model" of providing high quality imagery that's affordable. So I chose the name of Apex which means "The highest point or summit" in reference to the quality of work I strive to give my clients.

If you look in your yellow pages or on the internet for your area, you'll notice a majority go with using their own name in some form. I started out with Echo Photography, but I am finding that it's easier to use my name. I'm able to use a "personal" banking account as opposed to a business account which has fees for everything. Also, a lot of my customers are word of mouth. My friends know my name but can't seem to remember Echo. Pretty easy name, I thought. Plus, your name is more likely to be available for a web site name.

I've had a business prior to this. One thing to consider is if you ever want to sell the business, do you want someone else to have use of YOUR name.

Most reactions

Back