Common Daylily -- today

Ysarex

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Daylilies -- there might be too many Daylilies, but I still keep photographing them. This is your classic common orange variety. I thought the neighbor's white garage might make an interesting background. From my walk this afternoon.

Joe

$daylily_orange.jpg

I think the background is too active. It is difficult for me to find a spot on the photo to look at for long because those lines keep pulling my eyes off to the side and away from the flower which should be the main focus.

I think the background is too active. It is difficult for me to find a spot on the photo to look at for long because those lines keep pulling my eyes off to the side and away from the flower which should be the main focus.

The flower has wonderful color, texture, and shape and I think you captured that very well, but I have to agree with Snakeguy101 about the background. It wouldn't be difficult to remedy, however. Just pin or place something on the wall temporarily.

It's a nice composition, and a nice Day Lily. Even your decision of a plain background is a plus, but it needs to be out of focus where it doens't compete for our attention.

Most reactions

Back