common yellowthroat

squirl033

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
went down to my favorite bird park again this afternoon, and was rewarded almost immediately after i got there by this little fella... he flitted out of the willows, landed for just a second on the boardwalk railing, then flew down into the grass and willow branches. i hurried quietly up to where he'd gone over the rail, and saw him moving around, so i set up and waited... sure enough, he popped back out into the open for about 5 seconds - just long enough to grab a few shots - and then dropped back down into the grasses again. i never saw him after that, but i did get the first clean, clear, unobstructed shots of a yellowthroat that i've been able to get in years. usually, i only see them moving behind branches or leaves. i'd have preferred to get at least one side view/profile image, but i was still pretty tickled to get these shots...

Very Nice.Great Colors. I will Visit the same place for maybe a week straight.Thats what i did this week and finally got my first American Gold Finch In full plumage.

Gorgeous little fella.

Nice shooting.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back