Comp. Critique

Garrentee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I like every thing about this shot, except...

The one thing that doesnt sit right with me is the composition...I'd like to hear other opinions about it!

Thanks for looking!!

may07115_6_7.jpg

Thanks Mystery...I agree with the crop, just liked being able to see those rocks. Guess i gotta live without it!!!

One of the nice thing about a second opinion is that I wasn't there and I'm not married to any part of an image. It works for me to. People tell me thing and first I say no way, then a few minutes later I can look at it objectively. Sometimes I come to agree sometimes I don't

Garrentee... Hey my man, great shot ! Water Good!!

Hate to loose those foreground rocks also, but crop looks good too!! I can take it either way,,,, where was this shot??

I like Mysteryscribe's crop. The highlights at the bottom of the frame tend to draw my eyes out of the original pictures.

NEM, thanks or the comments...this waterfall is called texas falls, take 100 south to 73 and its right off the road(in between rochester and warren)...its a great waterfall!!!

Steph, thanks as well...i agree about the bright highlights taking the eyes away from the subject...

I'm afraid I'm a complete amature so I can't offer any informed opinion, what I can say though is that I think the picture you took looks great!

I understand the benefits of the crop and why it makes it a more professional image, I like the original just as much :-D

See the last comment makes an exellent point that I just finished writting about. You do the very best you can and in the end some people (no slur intended) won't know the difference. You have to want to do the best job with composition you can just for yourself. I promise you if you shoot a picture of my daughter hitting a home run, I'm not going to care that it composed wrong.

MS...I don't think you cropped quite enough, try just below the "Photomatix" word.

Here's my take....

7985-may07115_6_7.jpg

The points you make regarding photography are all valid. Your business experiences tell you all......

YOu could actually go a little higher even... and still be okay like this
4vra3ht.jpg

None of these crops is off balance like the original in my opinion. And the size of the rock on the right bothered me from the start it was over powering the falls the more I looked at it. In your corp lol not mine..... That rock drove me nuts in the origninal as well.,

I think mysteryscribe's first crop is the way to go. I like the reflection of the waterfall in the picture, but just a little bit. That crop made it stand out just enough. My 2 cents...

ok while I got to say i like some of the crops , if this were my shot, I would leave it alone... its the foreground in this orig. that makes this just not another waterfall shot.. the smaller foreground rocks also add depth to the photo, and help with actual waterfall height, in scale..

I would like to see less of the glare in the foreground , but I like the orig. here the best... its your pic guarentee. you make the call lol...

mysteryscribe?? lol...is this for me ?? ----> "exactly....but why put it in the critique section if you dont want to hear it."" If so , what do you mean?

Most reactions

Back