Compact Printers

ajmall

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photodrew.co.uk
Hey all,

I am a nightclub photographer based in the UK and have been for the past 2 years or so. I started selling prints online around 6 months ago but sales are sluggish. I am looking to invest in a compact 6x4 printer in a couple of weeks - most likely a Canon Selphy or HP. I am shooting on a D70s and I am looking for the fastest printer on the market but Google searches have proven to be useless. I read about a large sized HP printer that can produce 4 6x4 prints in 30 seconds, which though rapid I need a printer I can carry around easily.

I would appreciate feedback from anyone who has experience with compact printers and with recommendations on what I should I buy. My budget is around £100 (online price) - highstreet equivalent is generally around £150.

Thanks,
Drew

I have a small selphy. The difference is that some of the selphy printers are not inkjets which can place all the colours down at one time. They are dye sublimination printers which place the colours down one by one. Mine takes around 2 minutes to produce a lab quality waterproof print. great quality straight out of the camera. I have an older Canon CP300. The newer ones may be better. I use it at weddings and other events and it works ok.

Thanks for your feedback JD. I wasn't aware of the different printing processes. Does the quality between dye sublimination and regular inkjet printers differ or just the cartridges and speed?

I was actually going to post a similiar thread about these tonight.

I'm interested to get one so I can take pictures of all the soccer kids at the park and sell prints right to the parents on the spot.

Most reactions

Back