compatiable lens?

dak1b

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
ok i have a canon rebel xs/1000d...i was wondering if the following lens are compatable wih my camera. thanks!!!

Canon 75-300mm f4-5.6 III USM Lens (_LONG_ lens)

Canon Zoom Lens EF 70-210mm

Yes, they are both compatable.

Any EF or EF-S lens will work with your camera.

ok i have a canon rebel xs/1000d...i was wondering if the following lens are compatable wih my camera. thanks!!!

Canon 75-300mm f4-5.6 III USM Lens (_LONG_ lens)
Yes, that lens is compatible with your XS, but it's not a very good lens. It focuses really slowly and when zoomed out it can have really bad CA (chromatic aberration or purple fringing). I'd recommend against getting it.
Canon Zoom Lens EF 70-210mm
Not sure which lens this is. Seems to be an older discontinued model. But it's a EF model so it should be compatible with your XS.

wat do u guys think of this lens? is $80 worth this lens?

Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III Telephoto Zoom Lens

$80 is probably a fair price.

It's not a great lens, but for $80 - it's not too bad.

That's about half the price of a brand new lens. If you really want that lens then that's a real bargain price.

Honestly, I wouldn't take one if it were offered for free.

That's about half the price of a brand new lens. If you really want that lens then that's a real bargain price.

Honestly, I wouldn't take one if it were offered for free.

can u explain why? what lens would you reccommend for me? im tryin to have a better "zoom in lens" for a good price...

How much can you spend on it?

There are much better lenses than that out there, but they (obviously) cost more...

How much can you spend on it?

There are much better lenses than that out there, but they (obviously) cost more...

tryin to keep it round $200 or less....any good zoom lens i cud get? or others?

Hate to say it, but for $200, you options are fairly limited...

Have you considered prime (non-zoom) lenses? They can usually be had for much cheaper than their zoom counterparts.

The 50mm f/1.8 ("nifty fifty"), for example, is less than $100. You will not find a faster lens for that cheap.

tryin to keep it round $200 or less....any good zoom lens i cud get? or others?
How about the Canon Zoom Wide Angle-Telephoto EF 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 II USM? It's a much better lens than the EF 75-300mm and a used one should cost less than $200. It doesn't have the reach of the EF 75-300mm but you won't have to worry about camera shake as much as with the EF 75-300mm. It's a slightly faster lens with better optics.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back