Completely new old guy from Indiana

inTempus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all,

I just wanted to drop in and say hi. Tonight I finally realized a lifetime dream of getting into photography. I've tinkered with digital cameras and even some 35mm's back in my youth but never took it seriously. The camera's I've owned up until today were little pocket type cameras in the $300-$400 price range. Nothing fancy.

My wife recently gave birth to our first born in Sept, so I decided now was the time to drop one of my countless other hobbies and get into photography before I die of old age. :)

I bought a Canon 40D with a 28-135mm lens tonight. I spent many weeks reading about various cameras in the price range I was interested in and it boiled down to this camera. So far I've taken a full CD's worth of pictures tonight figuring out all the do-dads.

I'm about as novice as one could get, so I hope to pick your collective brains over the next few months and years as I grow in my new hobby.

Here's a shot from my first few minutes with my new camera, and the subject is my reason for finally realizing my dream. :)

20081215_0075-1.jpg

I look forward to learning from you guys and gals!

Tim

Hello Tim, and welcome to TPF!!!

Great
intro, and very cute pic of your baby.

hey, welcome to the forum.. Where in IN are you from? I live at W.Lafayette and go to Purdue.

hey, welcome to the forum.. Where in IN are you from? I live at W.Lafayette and go to Purdue.
I'm in Valparaiso, so we're almost neighbors. :)

Awww... Cute lil' bugger! Nice shot and welcome aboard!

Most reactions

Back