Harmony

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
As I type, it is SNOWING.

Now, I live in Richmond. Right next to the sea. We're not even supposed to GET snow, but over the last 2 years there as been some craaazy weather.

Last year we had -10*C in November, and this year, we've had snowfall on at least 3 different occasions. And now, at the end of March, we're getting snow that sticks. On the ground. It doesn't melt. It actually sticks! I know my sister is going to be flying off her handle with excitement, my mom's going to love it until it turns brown from cars, and my dad's going to complain about it right from the start.

And I wonder, isn't it supposed to be global WARMING?

Another few centimeters of it and they may have to shut down the city and bring in the army to dig you out! :lol:

Just be happy that it's something different from the usually weather in Vancouver....RAIN! :er:

Big Mike: Last time we had a "big" snowfall (my dad, a native to Calgary, thought it was a joke), it was 8 centimetres. ... They brought out the snowplows. I am NOT even kidding. :blushing: *sigh* Vancouver, Vancouver, Vancouver.

Apparently snow days (when they shut down schools) are supposed to happen after 3 centimetres. Their rationale is that cars might slide and hit kids walking to school.... which might actually be feasible, considering the way we drive around here. :lol:

My dad has lived in Vancouver for the last 30 odd years...I make fun of the weather and general 'freak-out-ish-ness' of the population there. :lol:

I actually love Vancouver, it's so green.

Buy ya, we don't panic around here unless we get a couple feet of snow at once. There was one day this winter where the roads had well over a foot of new snow and the temperature was around -40C...that got pretty crazy.

Didn't part of Newfoundland get something like 100cm, just a week or two ago? One of my coworkers is from there and she said her dad was having a good ol' time with his new snow-blower :lol:

Blame it on Al.

He also invented the internet. :lmao:

Looks like the world has decided being weird is too much strain for a WHOLE day, the snow has melted. We are once again safe and green.

On an entirely different note, one of my paramedic friends says that they dread the first day of snow every year. When I asked why, he said it was not because of accidents, but because of the people who get off their couch and shovel snow... only to drop dead of a heart attack. Apparently, they get 10-15 heart attacks on the first day of snow. :shock:

Didn't part of Newfoundland get something like 100cm, just a week or two ago? One of my coworkers is from there and she said her dad was having a good ol' time with his new snow-blower :lol:

inland got 100, St. John's got something like 50-60 cm....snowblowers are a wonderful thing :D

Most reactions

Back