composition help

JC1220 said:
Christie, while it is difficult to discern tone form text at times, I do get the message that you are not being sincere, if you were I might consider it.

Oh, I'm quite sincere. Please accept my apology if I was misunderstood. I do admit I'm a bit skeptical, but I'm a perpetual student... always ready and hoping to learn some more. To quote John Lennon: "The more that I see, the less that I know for sure." If you prefer, I'd be grateful to contiune an open-minded discussion by private message.

Pete

Pete, thanks I appreciate that..
I am always happy to have discussions. Brett Weston said something to the effect there is too much discussion and not enough doing in photography, I would have to agree with him.

I have no issue continuing in open forum, maybe we should start a new thread in photo discussion or something, or feel free to PM me if you want, thanks again.

JC

BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just wanted to bump this becuase I remember how helpful this thread was to me and I hope it will help someone else....

keep the comments coming!

I have enjoyed reading this. Really.
But. I think the person that started the thread was probably not striving to become one of the best on this world (or not consciously, not at that moment), was just seeking some advice/help. :)
I think there's not many who can honestly say they really forgot all the rules. It's just, probably as with everything else, you simply know after a while what is wrong and what is right without checking the 'list'. Some wise people observed these situations and described them as rules... I also do not think that one admittingly applying the rules (mostly, at least) is less than someone that is proud to do the exact opposite all the time (or something along the lines). Time will decide? :)

Edit: btw - don't shoot me - I'm not the thread necromancer...

Interesting read, so I figured it deserved a bump up. Anyway, perhaps the best advice I got was to try and "recreate" some well-composed shots taken in my area. It's a lot harder than I thought it would be, but I'm just starting out.

Most reactions

Back