manofwow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone

i went yesterday to club but without my camera so i thought to practice

Composition So i Took my mobile phone out and started to shot :mrgreen:

Here they are ( What is ur opinion compared to 1st shots )

2012-02-02133953.jpg

2012-02-02134045.jpg

2012-02-02134115.jpg

2012-02-02134218.jpg

2012-02-02153006.jpg

2012-02-02153039.jpg

2012-02-02153143.jpg

2012-02-02153531.jpg

2012-02-02153545.jpg

2012-02-02153553.jpg

2012-02-02153651.jpg

Thanks in Advance

Not only use the rule of thirds, but consider the "lines" in the picture. You generally don't want horizon/shore lines going diagonal across your picture, it might throw off the overall feel of it.

Honestly, and I don't mean to be overly harsh, but they mostly seem like snapshots. Additionally, all of your close-ups are badly out of focus. Notice how the leaves are sharp while the flowers are blurred. Think more about your composition. Don't just go around taking photos left and right of every tree and flower you see. Walk around a subject you find interesting. Look at the angles, the lines, and the lighting. Once you think you may be on to something, take out the camera and test out a few angles by looking through the viewfinder but not actually snapping a shot. Keep on looking at each angle until you find one that you think has the properties of a well composed photo, and only then go through the process of taking the photo. Focus more on taking one or two "good" photos, rather then snapshots of every little thing you see. Also, as suggested, reading up a bit on basic composition like the rule of thirds probably would help guide you in the right direction.

Hope that helped :)

EDIT: Oh and also, if your camera lets you adjust your f stop, learn how to do so. Proper use of your aperture will let you blur our busy and distracting backgrounds like in your flower photos, lending more attention to the subject.

As far as composition goes, they all look very centered. Try to utilize the ROT (Rule of Thirds) a little more.

yea its need practicing.

Last edited:
Not only use the rule of thirds, but consider the "lines" in the picture. You generally don't want horizon/shore lines going diagonal across your picture, it might throw off the overall feel of it.

its a mobile phone i was just imagining that there is lines :)

Honestly, and I don't mean to be overly harsh, but they mostly seem like snapshots. Additionally, all of your close-ups are badly out of focus. Notice how the leaves are sharp while the flowers are blurred. Think more about your composition. Don't just go around taking photos left and right of every tree and flower you see. Walk around a subject you find interesting. Look at the angles, the lines, and the lighting. Once you think you may be on to something, take out the camera and test out a few angles by looking through the viewfinder but not actually snapping a shot. Keep on looking at each angle until you find one that you think has the properties of a well composed photo, and only then go through the process of taking the photo. Focus more on taking one or two "good" photos, rather then snapshots of every little thing you see. Also, as suggested, reading up a bit on basic composition like the rule of thirds probably would help guide you in the right direction.

Hope that helped :)

EDIT: Oh and also, if your camera lets you adjust your f stop, learn how to do so. Proper use of your aperture will let you blur our busy and distracting backgrounds like in your flower photos, lending more attention to the subject.

Well i just shot what i like.

The info u said is v.good but the problem is that i shot them with Mobile Phone . :)

even my Digi camera dont have a viewfinder.

Thanks for the info.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back