composition rules exposed..

They were both part of f64 a very select group of photographers.. They obviously were colleges if nothing else. Adams got a lot more recognition but I think Weston had more to do with how photography moved to the higher status it enjoys now.

I think he had a wider range of subject matter and

Dody once wrote, "Once I heard it put this way: "Ansel [Adams] reveals the beauties of nature that the ordinary man sees but cannot express. Edward reveals what no one has seen."

I could not agree more with that, it is a pitty Adams ever started enlarging.

If Weston had ever gone truly commercial like with a print salon of his own, I'm not sure he would have kept creating as he did.

I think he really loved the single image and didnt want to part with more than one of them. Always looking for the next challenge or the next image. I'm not sure he ever wanted to do more than create the next image. In other words he was the model for all photographers. Those who can make images but can't sell enough to be sure the car payment is make next month. At least that's pretty much how his journals read.

actually everyone here should listen to my advice. no salt shaker for me . . .

jk
If you dont have a salt shaker I'll happily lend you my jumbo shaker. It doesn't say salt on the side it says simply BS eliminator on one side and quick fix killer on the other.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!1!11!!PWNED

Most reactions

New Topics

Back