Composition Wisdom: 15 Tips for Amazing Photographs

nerwin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
nickerwin.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I thought this would be a great video to share, it has a lot of great tips from some of the best photographers around.

Happy Tuesday!

Super tips and ideas

Thanks for posting, I enjoyed that. I still struggle with composition, so it's nice to hear some easy to remember pointers.

Good stuff!

Just a few too many truisms about what really boils down to intuition and awareness according Bob Holmes.

Don't we all begin with a certain level of awareness, an "eye"?

I see photographs here by many who obviously have a very strong sense of composition, and I wonder to what degreee this sense was present as a beginner, or even before photography was in your life?

I feel like I am trying to force this sense by working hard on it.

My wife will wander around and occasionally take some snaps on her phone. They're often really good, and they have a more pleasing sense of composition than my best attempts. I could strangle her...

Nice tips to follow

There really was not much discussion of composition, but there was a lot of talking about shooting strategies. Still, perhaps it will help and inspire some viewers.

Don't we all begin with a certain level of awareness, an "eye"?

I see photographs here by many who obviously have a very strong sense of composition, and I wonder to what degreee this sense was present as a beginner, or even before photography was in your life?

I feel like I am trying to force this sense by working hard on it.

My wife will wander around and occasionally take some snaps on her phone. They're often really good, and they have a more pleasing sense of composition than my best attempts. I could strangle her...

It might be because we are forcing our self to see things instead of letting it happen organically. All my best photos were literally taking on a whim. It just happens naturally. I dunno, it's hard to explain. A lot of people say your best photos are taken at the right place at the right time, photographer or not.

I shoot as a technician too often. Fixated on settings, I forget it is an art.

Bob Holmes is right about being on your own: it's damn difficult to shoot straight with a beagle puppy tugging on his lead!

Sometimes it is better to just keep walking, no matter how slow the stroll is.

One of the things I love about film is seeing something long after I shot it, while reading my journal. I just developed a roll a shot some time ago and was very satisfied with the project. I pretty much ticked all the boxes.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back