Computer issue

Well, my other computer who isnt nearly as strong as this one is jam packed with stuff and loads up within 20-30 seconds..

wow, I've never seen a windows machine boot in 30 seconds. I have five of them and they all take around a minute to power up. I can log on in 30 seconds.

Maybe look in the bios at the boot sequence and posts. I'm sure you can tweak that some. Good luck

I just timed it, besides giving me some complete errors where it wont even start up, it takes almost two minutes to start up..i am serious, my old computer starts up in about 30 seconds.

I just timed it, besides giving me some complete errors where it wont even start up, it takes almost two minutes to start up..i am serious, my old computer starts up in about 30 seconds.

I would consider another fresh install. Reformat the disk and reinstall. I believe you, didn't mean to imply that I didn't. sorry

I just did that as well..same ****..

definite hard ware problem then...

I saw you had a P4P-800 motherboard. Quite honestly, you may want to look to it for your hardware problem, as I've had 3 of them, and all three developed major hardware problems after just over a year's use.

Try going into bios and turning off all of the built in perhipherals (onboard sound, ethernet, etc) and boot up. If it's speedier, turn them on one by one until it gets slow again.

I saw you had a P4P-800 motherboard. Quite honestly, you may want to look to it for your hardware problem, as I've had 3 of them, and all three developed major hardware problems after just over a year's use.

Try going into bios and turning off all of the built in perhipherals (onboard sound, ethernet, etc) and boot up. If it's speedier, turn them on one by one until it gets slow again.

So what alternative motherboard to you recommend?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back