Computer /photoshop elements problem

Rachelsne

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok so I use photoshop elements and when I try and open the organiser on my PC I get all kinds of wierd stuff

I was having random probems with photoshop anyway -random styles and patterns apparently missing so...

I ran a defrag and a virus check and a spybot search an destroy (thought i would say that incase its related) I now have a new error message and cant open organiser , it says the ODBC installer DLL (odbccp32.dll) is not installed on the system.

oh and when I click ok I get a second box saying:
there was a problem opening the catalog named my catalog.psa

another user or aplication may have the catalog open or one or more files may be missing, out of date or dammafed

the odbc data source reported the following error:

microsoft odbc microsoft access driver invalid connection string atribute

attempt to compact and recover this catalog and open again.

if I press oK i get the same error as before- the ODBC installer DLL (odbccp32.dll) is not installed on the system.

I press ok and I get:

A problem was encountered dduring catalog recovery. Your catalog may be OK but if you experience problems with it that cant be resolves through the recover catalog option or restarting your system you may need to restore this from a back up.

I hit Ok and get the ODBC installer DLL (odbccp32.dll) is not installed on the system. again

then I hit OK again and i get open catalog box, and there is one file in it called My Catalog.psa I click it and hit open and Suprisingly I get this message again the ODBC installer DLL (odbccp32.dll) is not installed on the system.

It basically goes round in a circle!

Any ideas?

I just tried Reg cure to see if that worked-it didnt!

Is the site trustworthy? I googled and found some but I was wary of downloading them.

also where should I put the file when its downloaded?

Thanks

I don't know a lot obout dlldump, but there are soem others like dllfiles that I used to use pretty often. Generally, they're trustworthy

As for where, if the error doesn't tell you, it's probably in the install folder or one of the subfolders, Windows, windows/system, or windows/system32

I know it's a lot of possibilities, but those are the most likely culprits

Just put your installation disc back into your computer...it will ask you if you want to reinstall or repair the installation.
Select "repair"...should solve the problem. If not, then you should uninstall the software and start again with a new installation.
PS...try not to use the photo-organizer...it "takes over" and becomes very annoying.

If you have problems with this, then you should try a "system restore" back to the day before your problems started.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back