Concept idea, Is this possible?

8thsinner

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have the idea for doing some hdr shots, with purposeful ghosting and something like colour splash...
Of a woman walking up an alleyway, showing maybe five ghosts of her, each (towards the camera) more real than the last until the final close up is properly coloured.
In a red dress, with not quite full bw colour splash but like using saturation levels just...

It's the ghosting I am having trouble with trying to figure out, Is this sort of thing possible? In direct shooting I mean,

Or is this a photoshop job with the hdr, then separate shots cut out and layered in with differing levels of opacity in there?

amolitor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Easiest in photoshop, for sure. Possible in camera using flash, a very long exposure with multiple flash pops, and careful management of background lighting. To get the "real" one, you need a "correct exposure" flash pop, and then ensure that the background for THAT image is never exposed any more -- no spillover from other flash pops -- during your very long exposure. The ghosts, conversely, SHOULD experience some background exposure from other flash pops or ambient light, to create the translucency.

It would be a ***** to choreograph, and it would take a bunch of attempts, but man would you learn some stuff.

OP

8thsinner

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Well, I do tend to challenge myself by setting the bar ultimately high...lol

zombiemann

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Where there is a will, there is a way. I just have no idea how in the hell you are going to pull it off. But I do not doubt that it can be done. I would very much like to see your results

Most reactions

ClickASnap

New Topics