Conceptual Photography Assignment

thefox

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey there,

first of all I'm new to this great forum and I'm looking forward to getting some help on one of my photography assignments.
I'm a fashion student, doing a minor in Visual Culture in Amsterdam.
I just started this course a few weeks ago and really like it, however I'm having problems with one of my assignments.

We had to come up with a sentence and from there create a sequence of 3-5 images that in some way translate/represent the meaning of the sentence. It doesnt have to be a literal translation, it has to be a bit conceptual and that's where I'm struggling.

I have to sentences I'm trying to work with:

Celebrating everyday things.

or

The monotony and practicality of life.

Is there anyone here who works with conceptual images and could give me some advice? I really don't know how to start and I am looking for some inspiration. Would be happy for some new ideas from people in this forum, maybe it will help me finish this.

Thanks a lot!

You need to consult with your instructor, since that is who will best understand the requirements for the assignmnet.

it's not about instructions, it's just about inspiration and other people's ideas, point of views that might help.

Shouldn't the assignment reflect YOUR inspirations, ideas, and point of view?

Thanks for reminding me why I will never take a photography class. Assignments like these drive me nuts.

I would probably modify your sentence a bit and go with 'Celebrations of life'...and then go with a newborn photo, a school play, a graduation, and then another newborn photo(maybe a funeral, also)...kind of a circle of life sorta thing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back