Concert Photography

magnus1225

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I went to this concert and truely loved all the lights in the background. I didn't take any pictures myself, but usually whenever I try and take pictures at concerts they are blurry of course due to low light. I dont have a super nice camera, I have a canon powershot 720. So I was just wondering how it's possible to take good pictures like the ones on this site? Does this person use a tripod? Do they just have a nice camera?

Thanks

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/news...aha-ne-06-11-08

I can't see the photo...but there are several factors.

First, you can use a lens with wide maximum aperture. That allows you to get more light into the camera (than a smaller aperture), which lets you use a faster shutter speed to freeze movement. Also, you can turn up the ISO setting. For shooting concerts, it might be common to use ISO 800 or 1600. On a digicam, that would mean a lot of digital noise. On a good DSLR camera, that would be OK.

Also, the lights at concerts are usually fairly bright, but they only light up smaller areas. So you need to pay careful attention to how you are metering the scene. You need to set the exposure for your subject and not all the dark areas around them.

put ur powershot on automatic and turn the flash on, but they should be near you if ur gonna use flash, if not, then turn it off, it'll do it's work.
here's a photo i took on a concert with a cybershot, just thought it might helped a lil.:
dsc00187wj2.jpg
dsc00189rs2.jpg

Hello everyone, I went to this concert and truely loved all the lights in the background. I didn't take any pictures myself, but usually whenever I try and take pictures at concerts they are blurry of course due to low light. I dont have a super nice camera, I have a canon powershot 720. So I was just wondering how it's possible to take good pictures like the ones on this site? Does this person use a tripod? Do they just have a nice camera?

Thanks

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/news...aha-ne-06-11-08

I took all mine with a point and shoot Panasonic FZ7. It took some time to get the settings right but once I had them set I got some decent pics.

Picture483.jpg

Picture381.jpg

Picture375.jpg

Most reactions

Back