Concert photography...

TylerDCA

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.junkedcamera.com
I'll post of few of my photos, just looking for some opinions, I don't wanna post too many, cause the thread could become huge very quickly.

murder03.jpg

bno03.jpg

this01.jpg

thurs11.jpg

alex03.jpg

nicotine01.jpg

fata03.jpg

thread19.jpg

there was an article recently in AP about concert photographers. the pictures you took were BETTER!!!!!!!! awesome work tyler!

md

yeah tyler!

you wont get shafted by us, im your new personal desciple!

check your pm's

md

tyler, tyler, tyler, this couldnt have come at a better time for me.
your photos are fantastic.
i love them. im going to check your site out too.

got any tips?
ive got a gig coming up and i want to know what are the best ways to shoot.
i'm hoping to be fairly close to the stage, so i know i won't need a flash. just not sure about shutter speeds and aperture..

im a major amateur, got any tips you could share with me? i'd be very appreciative!

i take it you are shooting film...

for the sake of simplicity and my current lack of an slr, I always shoot digital.. but as i shoot in manual.. i do set all the aperture and shutter speed settings, but im not sure how well they will transfer.

The other thing is that I always shoot with a flash. I try to keep the ISO as low as possible (never higher than 200) just because i hate the noise you get...

now.. i do a couple of different things... when i want a clean, image, i usually shoot 1/60-1/80 with and f-stop of about 5.6-7.1

if i want a little bit more colour (to get the reflection of the lights off of the band members) i try to drop to about 1/30, and shoot with about 6.3-8.0...

now that also depends on distance.

For the blurring onces... you get the clear image whenever the flash fires... and i shoot about 1sec shutter, and always shoot small f-stop >= 8.0 so that i dont get too much light entering the lens when the flash isnt firing... i hope this helps... like i said, i always use flash, but if you are shooting 200iso or higher, you can probably get away without it, also i dont always have the best lighting conditions so flash helps.

Hi Tyler,
Opinions as follows: # 1, 4, 7 & 8 are very good.
# 2 & 6 are OK.
# 3 don't like it...sorry!
# 5 absolutely excellent!

Remember that's just my opinions.
Keep at it, you're pics are great!

great photos!!! :D very animated ... fabulous color

MDowdey here are the bands in order...

1. murder by death
2. boys night out
3. this day forward
4. thursday
5. alexisonfire
6. nicotine
7. from autumn to ashes
8. mindthread
9. rufio
10. moneen
11. the get up kids

I have also shot AFI, This Day Forward, Thursday, Murder By Death, .moneen., Get Up Kids, My Chemical Romance, Taking Back Sunday, The Starting Line, Rise Against, Further Seems Forever, Anberlin, Autopilot Off, Strike Anywhere, Glassjaw, Northstar, Mad Caddies, Lagwagon, Rufio, Saves the Day, Selfmade Man, All-American Rejects, Piebald, Choke, Fairweather, Reason, No Other Way, Sparta, Armor for Sleep, Hopesfall, Ash, Farewell to Freeway, Fifth Grade Hero, Wakefield, Terror, Bane, Nicotine, Death By Stereo, Downway, Most Precious Blood, From Autumn to Ashes, Full Levity, All Against Me, Ghosts of Modern Man, Hey Mercedes, Alexisonfire, No Motiv, Silverstein, Somehow Hollow, Onelinedrawing, Juliana Theory, Hot Rod Circuit, Hot Water Music, Movielife, Yellowcard, The Used. and more...

You shot Juliana Theory? Lucky duck. They are never around my area.... Anberlin and FSF are pretty swell too. I'd like to see a few of these if you ahve them off hand.

I'm one to go to concerts a lot, and attempt concert photos, they are so bloody hard because of all the movement and darkness... More practice for me I suppose.

Armageddon Machine said:
You shot Juliana Theory? Lucky duck. They are never around my area.... Anberlin and FSF are pretty swell too. I'd like to see a few of these if you ahve them off hand.

I'm one to go to concerts a lot, and attempt concert photos, they are so bloody hard because of all the movement and darkness... More practice for me I suppose.

you can check out all the photos here: www.junkedcamera.com/photos.php

and TJT is nothing to be jealous of, I have seen them twice and they are a terrible live act. Further Seems Forever isnt great either, Anberlin was pretty good, but there are much better live acts out there.

Most reactions

Back